250 Million Dollars Derick Rose

reno

http://balljunkie.com/wp-content/uploads/cache/52551_NpAdvSinglePhoto.jpg

"Derrick Rose’s growing profile is enough for Adidas to keep him around for a boatload of money.

According to ESPN’s Mark Stein, Adidas is ready to offer Rose a 1-year contract extension worth around $250 million dollars. That’s more than double the $94 million dollar deal he just signed with the Chicago Bulls.

$25 million er year is whole lot of cash but the reason behind it is apparently because Adidas needs Rose on board because he’s Nike’s top shoe endorser’s, Kobe Bryant and LeBron James, biggest competition in the China’s large market.

Nike is the front-runner when it comes to endorsing their sneakers but Adidas is making a strong push to challenge them and D.Rose is just they type of guy they need leading the way."

http://balljunkie.com/2011/12/31/derrick-rose-to-sign-250-million-dollar-endorsement-deal/

Edited by Dabearfan101

That's the dumbest deal I've ever seen. He's not as marketable as LeBron, Durant or Kobe or even Wade even with his MVP and lets be honest..Adidas will never be equal to the Nike+Jordan empire.

That's the dumbest deal I've ever seen. He's not as marketable as LeBron, Durant or Kobe or even Wade even with his MVP and lets be honest..Adidas will never be equal to the Nike+Jordan empire.

well to be honest, wade hasn't had much of a marketing push in a while. adidas has to get someone

I remember back in the day where there was actually good shoes with adidas. Tmac, Garnetts, Arenas, shit even Kobe at one point. Now it has completely changed.

Lebron and Kobe are really the only shoes that are ever pushed for with Nikes and Jordan has Wade, Melo, and CP3. And other brands like reebok and And1 have completely fallen off the game with only a few people who even wear them.

well to be honest, wade hasn't had much of a marketing push in a while. adidas has to get someone

Wade hasn't had a market push because of Converse who he's sponsored by. Converse is terrible when it comes to marketing their product and their stars for that matter. If Wade was with Nike he would be just as big.

You know Adidas sells shoes outside the US, too? And outside the US Rose is more marketable than all of them, sans Kobe.

How can the reigning MVP possibly command those kind of dollars as a shoe endorser? Here's how: Rose, as it was explained to me, is adidas' only counter to Kobe Bryant in China. I'm told Rose already outsells LeBron James there.

http://espn.go.com/blog/chicago/bulls/post/_/id/6478/rose-nearing-lucrative-adidas-extension

Rose is more marketable outside the US than LeBron James? Lol ok.

Of course he is. When it comes to selling shoes Adidas is king in the two other big basketball markets, Europe and Asia. Plus the fact that Rose plays for the most recognizable US sports brand, thanks to some guy named Mike. When people see Rose running around in a red uniform with Bulls on his chest they can identify with that. Rose is appearing in commercials with Beckham and Messi, doesn't get bigger than that. And let's not forget that Lebron's image has taken a hit over the last 18 months.

If he's outselling Lebron then apparently so.

Most of LeBron's releases are exclusive, hence why Adidas mass producing a Rose shoe like that will obviously sell more. I guarantee you people aren't lining up outside Niketown or House of Hoops out in those countries for a Derrick Rose shoe. But then the new limited colorway of LeBron's are coming out people are camping out for it.

If Nike put out the same quantity that Adidas did it wouldn't even be close.