Cousins demands trade

Agent denies, obviously.

sam_amick Sam Amick

Cousins' agent, John Greig, tells SI.com: "DeMarcus never demanded a trade. I'm surprised the Kings, if they believe the player wanted a trade, wouldn't have made a phone call to his representative. Maybe Westphal is just feeling the heat early this season."

Considering his long history of attitude problems, it wouldn't surprise me at all if he demanded a trade, especially since he never seemed to want to be in Sacramento to begin with.

http://www.nba.com/2012/news/01/01/kings-cousins.ap/index.html?ls=iref:nbahpt2

Kings: DeMarcus Cousins demands to be traded

Posted Jan 1 2012 7:36PM

SACRAMENTO, Calif. (AP) -- The Sacramento Kings say DeMarcus Cousins has demanded a trade and has been told to stay away from the team.

Kings coach Paul Westphal released a statement before Sunday's game against New Orleans, saying when Cousins "continually, aggressively, lets it be known that he is unwilling/unable to embrace traveling in the same direction as his team, it cannot be ignored indefinitely."

Cousins' agent, John Greig, says he "has no idea what the Kings are doing" and didn't know the team excused him from Sunday's game until Westphal's announcement. Greig withheld any further comment.

The Kings drafted Cousins with the fifth overall pick in 2010 after he spent one season at Kentucky. The 21-year-old Cousins is averaging 13 points and 11 rebounds per game this season.

Can't imagine Sacramento will get much value back for him, it's far too early to jump to any conclusions, but I have heard teams like the Rockets have been interested in him since he was drafted. They certainly have the pieces to get him if they still want him.

Either way, this is a lose/lose for the organization. Cousins is as immature as they come, but the strategy of making this whole fiasco go public shows Westphal has lost the team. He seems desperate at this point, and the sad thing is, the Maloofs are fully behind him. They need to fire the coach, let DMC finish out the season under a new coach, and get his trade value back up if they truly want to ship him out.

mr_jasonjones Jason Jones For those curious, teams that have liked Cousins and figure to call the Kings are Houston and Detroit. Kings say they aren't trading Cousins

Why anyone would want Cousins is beyond me... everyone thinks they can be the guy to "fix" a player, but it fails more often than it succeeds, not worth the risk of some bonehead like this ruining your dressing room. It is one thing for an ultra talented player to have a bad attitude, you can still win, but a guy like Cousins, no...

Why anyone would want Cousins is beyond me... everyone thinks they can be the guy to "fix" a player, but it fails more often than it succeeds, not worth the risk of some bonehead like this ruining your dressing room. It is one thing for an ultra talented player to have a bad attitude, you can still win, but a guy like Cousins, no...

WHAT

everyone thought that about Rodman and look what he did when he got Phil.

DaMarcus just needs a stud coach not scrub coaches to guide him

look at what he did under Coach Cal