Rex Ryan Stands Behind Jets QB Mark Sanchez After Loss Vs Dolphins

When it was over, after another three turnovers by the starting quarterback, the head coach offered his undying endorsement. Mark Sanchez was abysmal again yesterday, throwing three interceptions in the Jets season-ending 19-17 loss to the Dolphins at Sun Life Stadium. And afterward, Rex Ryan stood firmly behind the third-year quarterback. “I think he’s the long-term solution,’’ Ryan said. “I don’t think there’s any doubt. He’s won a lot of games for us. We had three interceptions, two by a defensive lineman. I don’t think I’ve ever seen that before. It’s hard to explain. I know Mark. I think he’s got all the tools to be a great quarterback. He’s been a winning quarterback here. We’ve got to make sure we’re doing everything we can for the New York Jets to be successful.’’ Sanchez finished 21-of-32 for 207 yards, two touchdowns and the three interceptions. “Today wasn’t his best outing, let me put it that way,’’ Ryan said.

Source: New York Post