Turiaf Breaks Hand; Out 5-6 Weeks

The Washington Wizards' bad start to the 2011-12 season just got worse.

On Monday night, Comcast SportsNet learned that forward Ronny Turiaf will be sidelined five to six weeks with a broken hand.

http://www.csnwashington.com/blog/wizards-talk/post/Turiaf-out-with-broken-hand?blockID=623472&feedID=6356

Could this mean....

MORE ANDRAY BLATCHE!?!!?!?!

:(

Actually it means more Kevin Seraphin, looking forward to seeing more PT for him, he needs it. I really like his potential, could be a quality player in this league for a longtime.

Damn, I was hoping they would play Blatche for all 48 minutes. Would possibly be more entertaining seeing his countless screw ups than actually watching the game itself.

Seriously though, this might prove to be a good thing for the Wizards because, like you said, it will likely result in more playing time for Seraphin and considering how awful the Wizards have looked to start the season, you might as well play your young guys and see what they can do. If you are going to be awful, be awful with young players as opposed to sucking with veterans.

Exactly, it's all Ted Leonsis has been talking about.

I am patient. I want to see progress, I want to see our young players develop chemistry. I want to see effort. And development and players stepping up to be counted.

That is what will make me “smile”. Thank you.

Besides, we didn't bring Turiaf in for production (everything he does is an added bonus), we did it to bring in a veteran presence to the locker room. The growth of Seraphin, Booker, and even Singleton is more important to me.

While we're on the subject of growth, I'd like to point out how good Singleton can be in this league. We got an absolute steal, he has lived up to the hype of being the best defender in the draft. He's struggled last night against Pierce, which is not much of a surprise. Pierce is tough to guard, not because of his quickness, but due to his ability to make you pay for the slightest mistake. Many times last night Pierce would come off a screen and Singleton would gamble and go for a steal, which inevitably lead to an easy Celtics bucket. There was one play where Singleton trailed Pierce on a flare screen to the middle of the paint and anticipated the pass. Wisely, Rondo held the ball, waited for Chris to make his move, and Pierce cut straight to the hoop for a layup. But overall, Singleton has been great, and looks to be a quality defender at this level. He has shown the ability to defend multiple positions, and soon enough, he will learn not to gamble for steals at this level.