Clippers Lied To Eric and Kaman

Art

http://bloguin.com/crossoverchronicles/images/stories/AMINU_GORDON_KAMAN_HORNETS_JERSEYS.jpg

The Los Angeles Clippers celebrated their trade for Chris Paul as a landmark moment for the woeful franchise. Eric Gordon and Chris Kaman can be excused for not joining in the celebration. The two players were sent to the New Orleans Hornets as part of the deal – just two days after Clippers officials told them they would not be traded. And while Gordon and Kaman are excited about the opportunity to start over with the Hornets, they aren’t too happy with their former team.

“All you do is take the man’s word and take that he said that no one is going to go anywhere,” Gordon told Yahoo! Sports. “… To completely lie like that is something unprofessional; they literally told me as an organization that they wanted to keep me, and [the trade still] went down?”

News of the trade broke via Twitter and other social media outlets while Gordon and Kaman were at community events with Clippers season-ticket holders. Gordon found out while he was on a bus for the event and tweeted, “Wow.” Kaman found out from his real-estate agent’s son.

“He said, ‘Hey, you got traded.’ I was like, ‘C’mon,’ ” Kaman said. “Then everyone started talking to me like, ‘Hey, what happened?’ I was like, ‘I don’t know.’ Then my agent wasn’t calling me. I couldn’t get ahold of him. Then Farouq talked to his agent and said it was done.

“The Clippers didn’t tell me anything. They didn’t tell me I was traded or nothing after eight years. They didn’t have the guts to come tell me they traded me.”

Kaman also has reason to be happy with the trade. He received a $1.8 million bonus in the deal because of a trade kicker in his contract and said he’s much happier playing for the Hornets.

“They’re very professional,” Kaman said. “I’m not used to that. No, serious. It was an adjustment. After eight years [with the Clippers], I didn’t know it could be like this. I wasn’t used to it. The way they handle business … they’re up front with you and they tell you what’s going on and what’s going to happen.”

Yahoo

This is the NBA, No Boys Allowed

They know that unless their like a kobe or lebron they can get traded anytime no matter what any person says

Gordan might have a reason to be mad, but Kaman can't say ish

They should have common sense to know CP3's value vastly outweighs what they bring to the table.

They should be thankful they got traded for such a superstar. and thankful their old team can finally be contenders.

coaches coach, players get traded, that's life.

It is what it is...Professional basketball ask Lamar Odom....One minute your a Clipper then a Heat,Laker and end up on the bench of the Dallas Maverick. EJ has a great future Kamaan got his wish to get to a team he can help and maybe get back to allstar status. Cancer is to catch in basketball...

Should Blake have said things in post-games like: "Yeah, we would have won, but EJ screwed the pooch by dribbling off his foot." or "If only Kaman didn't have such fragile ankles, we'd have had another big man in there and could have won!". Say what you like in private, to your friends, but these statements were made for public consumption and they often escalate into major beef.

I think that it could have been a misleading question from the reporter... I'd be surprised if it wasn't. All I'm saying is that when you're talking to the media, it's advisable to maintain peace and harmony. Best to you EJ, Al-Farouq and Kaman!! Eat some Crab ettetufee,Gumbo and enjoy Burboun Street.Clippers are on the wining street!!