John Wall calls out the entire team

• Owner
“It’s like everybody blanks out,” John Wall said after the Wizards lost, 103-85, at Amway Center and set a new franchise record by opening the season with six losses. “Everybody going for their own. And we don’t have anybody on our team that can just go get his own bucket whenever. You see everybody being selfish on the offensive end and on the defensive end, we’re not trusting each other … If we don’t find a way to play together and win games, it could get ugly this whole season.”

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/wizards-insider/post/wizards-doomed-in-orlando-by-terrible-start/2012/01/05/gIQAQHw6bP_blog.html?wprss=wizards-insider

Uh oh. Who is the first man out of Washington by March?

EDIT: And...

WASHINGTON -- Maurice Evans says the winless Washington Wizards have a sense of entitlement like he's never seen before.

The veteran called a players-only meeting Thursday to address leadership issues on the only NBA team without a victory.

The Wizards are 0-6 for the first time in franchise history and weren't competitive in an 18-point loss to the Orlando Magic on Wednesday night.

Evans says the players need to "be real" with themselves and realize they need to earn their playing time.

Andray Blatche said he was one of the players who was called out. He said his teammates got on him for wanting the ball in the post and then taking "lazy jump shots" instead.

The Wizards host the New York Knicks on Friday night.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7429438/winless-washington-wizards-hold-players-only-meeting

• Owner

This team needs to trade Blatche and Nick Young asap as well.

Do you get the same feeling I do about Young? I know he wasn't brought up in that block I posted (it was Blatche), but I have a gut feeling they were talking about him as well. The dude thought he was worth what...$10 million a year? I liked him last season, but I wonder if he's getting an attitude because he's shooting less, worse, and not scoring the ball as much.

Mo Evans said it best, he's never been around a team with more sense of entitlement. It depicts the Wizards perfectly. Sad thing is, after every game, I keep hearing players talking about all of the right things such as moving the ball, not playing hero bball, etc... it's hypocritical.

As for Nick Young, I'll continue to defend him because I view him as a player trying his best to receive that new contract in the offseason. Problem is, this offense is so putrid that he's never able to find a rhythm, and when he does, Flip Saunders takes him out and puts Jordan Crawford in. I've never seen anything like it, as soon as Nick gets hot, Flip pulls him. In the second Boston game, he showed a ton of effort fighting through screens, trying to defend Ray Allen, and didn't resort to his early-in-the-shot-clock jumpers he's so prone to doing.

I don't even think Flip has the balls to bench Blatche in favor of more deserving guys such as Trevor Booker. He's not the right coach of this team moving forward, we need to fire him and promote Sam Cassell, a young guy the team can grow with.

I'm all for rebuilding, the plan is to keep the young guys and keep drafting well, and let them hit their prime simultaneously. The plan is not to tank, but achieve moral victories (yes I said it), remain somewhat competitive, and gain experience. OKC went through that plan, however the difference is, they fought hard and played hard each and every game. I'm just not seeing it from this team night in and night out, and it's not only a testament to the coach, but to most of the players out there.

This is not a team that will go as far as John Wall takes them, he can only do so much. I said it before, if players would consistently hit their shots, he'd be averaging well over 10apg. He's part of the problem right now because the whole team is in a state of confusion, they don't know what to do on offense, and they leave it to Wall to make players which he's not capable of making at this point in his career.

This team needs to trade Blatche and Nick Young asap as well.

For Ariza... That move would give this team of young whipper-snappers some veteran leadership for a year two year rental or If that does not work they can use Kaman's Ariza's expiring for future draft picks from a contending team / borderline rebuilding mode or as just pureTylenol Relief for Flip Saunders headache.

http://i44.tinypic.com/2dj9ml2.png

Edited by Art Hues