Delonte West goes on Twitter Rant

Here are the tweets:

https://twitter.com/#!/alexascimone/status/156026379530539010/photo/1/large

So first off, a pretty good quote from West, who it turns out thanks to his weapons charge from several years ago, you know, the one where he had a bunch of weaponry stuffed in a guitar case strapped to his back on the highway while he was riding a three-wheeled motorcycle, that one, can’t attend the White House on Monday along with his Mavericks teammates who are celebrating their championship. (Well, kind of. The former Mavericks won’t be there, and considering how much of an impact J.J. Barea and Tyson Chandler had to do with last year’s playoffs… that’s a little weird. But whatever, this happens every year.)

From the Star-Telegram:

“I’m banned from going to the White House, so I’m not going to make it,’’ West said after tonight’s 96-81 win over the New Orleans Hornets. “But I’m going home to D.C., I’m just not allowed to go to the White House.

“That’s what happens when you make bad decisions in your life. You can’t go to the White House.’’

West went on a Twitter rampage Saturday night, after apparently someone in the locker room was asking questions that didn’t pertain to basketball. The tweets have since been deleted, but Mavs Moneyball captured them. They’re explicit, so consider yourself warned. Part one, and part two.

For those of you keeping score:

He says he has to sleep in his car because he can’t get apartment complexes in Dallas to approve him because of things they read on the internet.

He says he is, in fact, not our (expletive) side show.

Most notably, he pins the media’s portrayal of his little armed excursion on the fact that he’s making the league minimum: “Since that incident… went from starting on a 60+(win) team, supposed to make 5-8 (million) a year… now makin (league minimum). “

Then he starts talking about how the league minimum of $800,000 isn’t really all that much because of lawyer fees, agent fees, league fines, escrow, and his divorce settlement.

And finally he takes a pretty nasty shot at a media member who’s fairly respected by pretty much anyone who’s ever met him.

He then went back and apologized to the Mavericks for making it sound like he wasn’t appreciative of his contract, and said he would play for free if he had to.

Then on Saturday morning, West was back at it again. Apparently part of it has to do with someone asking about the thing about being banned and how he felt it made him come across as arrogant, when in fact he’s remorseful over his decisions. West apparently was just sad because he felt he could have made the president laugh. West did follow up by saying he doesn’t blame all the media, just a handful. For what it’s worth, the media member in question, who didn’t write the offending article, I might add, said that he wished West nothing but the best, and was clearly hurt by the comments.

Full Story

This is very sad...I really hope Delonte can get help. I hope someone does something to help him before this gets worse. He really is a great player and has shown signs of being a good person

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

Who did he take a shot at with that last tweet about south beach?

I'm assuming "weinhorst?" the writer? I'm guessing who wrote the stuff about him. I'm not sure I really have no clue, it's just what I could gather from the tweets.

Funny shit, that's what happens when you ride around strapped like you about to take down the Italian mafia.

He shoulda said "get my sons dick out your mouth" lmao

Edited by Z True Long Island Story

The writer is Brian Windhorst, who wrote for the Plain Dealer and then left to work for ESPN and write about the Heat...when LBJ went to Miami.

I'm pretty sure he went to St. Vincent St. Mary...a lot of people viewed him differently when he left to cover LeBron, but I still follow him on Twitter...he's certainly a respectable writer and I love to read his articles.

• Owner

What exactly did Windhorst say? I mean, I'm not blaming him (or maybe I am)...but I'm not even sure what he wrote in the first place.

Delonte sounds pissed off at more than just one guy, anyway. He talks about the Dallas media in general, and I think it's all something that has built up inside for a long time.

Sadly, it's his fault.

• Like 1

WTF is he doing sleeping in his car, in the gym and at motels? I understand with all the deductions he probably is making only 300k, but that's still a helluva lot money...at least enough money to go from a Motel 6 to a Hilton.