Many Ahead Of Wallace In Detroit's Rotation

The Goods

Fans in Detroit are excited about the return of Ben Wallace, but he'll play behind a number of big men this season.

The Pistons have at least four options ahead of Wallace at power forward and center: Charlie Villanueva, Chris Wilcox, Kwame Brown and Jason Maxiell.

Wallace is expected to sign a one-year deal worth $1.3 million next week.

The former Defensive Player of the Year has seen his rebounding numbers decline every year since 2003.

http://www.realgm.com/src_wiretap_archives/61040/20090808/many_ahead_of_wallace_in_detroits_rotation/

• 5 weeks later...
  • Owner

Honestly, Big Ben should've just retired. I feel bad for him.

On the other hand, Detroit isn't looking so bad up front. I know people hate on Kwame quite a bit, but he's a pretty good man-to-man defensive player. Villanueva can score the ball. Maxiell still has hopes of duplicating Big Ben's career.

I just hope he gets some time in. :dribble: Maybe he should bring back the fro.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

This shouldn't really surprise anybody. As far as I am concerned Ben Wallace went back to Detroit because he wanted to finish his career with the franchise that he gave his heart and soul for, and experienced his most success. I think that he knows that his time as an NBA player has basically come to an end.

He's really just a very small shade of his former playing self now, he'll give you flashes off what he used to do which i think will workout just fine for Detroit if they use him at the right time, though the Pistons not being a contending team this season kinda makes me think he's not going to be the biggest use of help in the world but we'll see what happens i guess. He's been pretty decent this preseason which is a good sign but again i think we can all see that Pistons are going in a younger sort of direction with this team and will probably act upon that by using the young fowards as much as possible.