Kobe vs Lebron in 4th quarters in last 2 games

magicbalala245

He dominated in the clutch every series last year besides the Finals. In Cleveland he had multiple years as the best statistical clutch performer in the league. He dominated in the clutch in the 2009 ECF (where he averaged 38/8/8). He had one of the best clutch performances ever in the 2007 ECF to get his team to the Finals.

His failures are overblown. He isn't the greatest clutch performer in the world, but because he hasn't won a championship and he's LeBron every single time he doesn't get it done it's national news. When Kobe fails in the clutch, it's overlooked or blamed on his teammates. Wade's failures in the clutch are never mentioned, and over the last year or two he hasn't been great in those situations (and he's my favorite player). Why do those two get away with it? They've won a championship. Until LeBron wins one, every little thing he does will be dissected to pieces. It's kinda ridiculous.

• Like 1

• Owner

His failures are overblown.

I agree.

When Kobe fails in the clutch, it's overlooked or blamed on his teammates.

LOL shit dude, you know that's not true. 2004? 2008? Maybe you're talking about Lakers fans blaming the rest of the team, but non-Lakers fans have blamed Kobe for everything, every year...even when he wins, they find something to talk smack about.

I agree.

LOL shit dude, you know that's not true. 2004? 2008? Maybe you're talking about Lakers fans blaming the rest of the team, but non-Lakers fans have blamed Kobe for everything, every year...even when he wins, they find something to talk smack about.

Sounds like someone else I know.

• Owner

Sounds like someone else I know.

I actually gave LeBron props, and you're still throwing your rocks. If you're still mad about LeBron losing in the NBA Finals, I didn't blame him...I blamed the Mavericks kicking his ass.

• Like 1

Lol Kobe missed a game winner last night BADLY. Is it a big deal? No because this is the most overblown topic ever.

I think it was Steve Kerr that said it; what makes Kobe great at the end of the game is that he is not afraid to miss the shot. Raja Bell made a terrific defensive play that caused Kobe to double clutch and contort his entire body. Do you want to compare more games though? There are plenty of examples in the post season of Kobe delivering.

I actually gave LeBron props, and you're still throwing your rocks. If you're still mad about LeBron losing in the NBA Finals, I didn't blame him...I blamed the Mavericks kicking his ass.

Oh no I'm not throwing anything I'm just saying they get the same amount of hate win or lose. They can't win with other teams fans.

I think it was Steve Kerr that said it; what makes Kobe great at the end of the game is that he is not afraid to miss the shot. Raja Bell made a terrific defensive play that caused Kobe to double clutch and contort his entire body. Do you want to compare more games though? There are plenty of examples in the post season of Kobe delivering.

All I said was he missed and that it wasn't a big deal. The whole clutch thing is blown so out of proportion its becoming annoying to hear about any athlete.

All I said was he missed and that it wasn't a big deal. The whole clutch thing is blown so out of proportion its becoming annoying to hear about any athlete.

when the guy is supposed to be the best player in the NBA and he can't score in the fourth quarter, it raises questions.

Magic's Lakers were swept in the '89 Finals. Shaq's teams were swept out of the playoffs 5 different times. Kareem was outplayed by Bill Walton in '77 and Moses Malone in '81 playoffs. Bird got swept in the playoffs in '83 by a Bucks teams that featured Moncrief and Marques Johnson as their best players. Almost every great player has a significant indictment against them.

Fact of the matter is LeBron will never get exoneration until he pushes past his current barrier which Nitro alluded to. Like many, I assume LBJ will get his ring eventually, but more and more, you have to stay grounded in the reality of what's happening with him and what has occurred in the past. I'm more than forgivable of his performance against the Spurs back when he was with the Cavs in the Finals, but to see him play poorly on a team with Wade and Bosh in the Finals after such a dominating ECF is inexcusable.

Kenny Smith broke it down perfectly last night after the Magic/Warriors game. LeBron played better than Kobe did in crunch time that night but Kobe's team ended up getting the W so no one cared. We lost so LeBron gets destroyed by the media. He said the only difference is that even though Kobe might've had a worse 4th/OT than LBJ did...he'll go out and take those shots again because he doesn't care if he misses. Kobe was something like 2/8 in overtime against Utah and 1/3 down the stretch in the 4th.

Everything in here is reason why Kobe is better than LBJ, but in all honesty who the [expletive] is better than Kobe. Just be honest LBJ is incredible and getting better each year.

Edited by Art Hues

• Owner

Kenny Smith broke it down perfectly last night after the Magic/Warriors game. LeBron played better than Kobe did in crunch time that night but Kobe's team ended up getting the W so no one cared. We lost so LeBron gets destroyed by the media. He said the only difference is that even though Kobe might've had a worse 4th/OT than LBJ did...he'll go out and take those shots again because he doesn't care if he misses. Kobe was something like 2/8 in overtime against Utah and 1/3 down the stretch in the 4th.

You forgot the rest of it.

They were talking about LeBron's missed free throws, and how he lost the game. They said that LeBron's decisions to get to the rim were better, but he did as bad as Kobe to end the 4TH QUARTER.

Kobe's OT was not bad, and that tied in with what they were saying about how he's not afraid to miss shots, while LeBron gets that way.

The best part is you can go back and look up the topic about Melo vs Kobe in clutch, I've always been on the Melo train, Nugget or Knick.

:o nvm, guess i didn't post in that thread, but I thought multi-bill made great points despite everybody just hopping blindly on Kobe

Edited by Z True Long Island Story