Dwight Howard will only be traded to Lakers?

• Owner

I don't think the Lakers win it all with just Kobe and Howard. I'd really like to keep Gasol.

If only Drew was healthy over the years, this would be an easy trade to pull off...but if that were the case, I'd have a hard time parting with Bynum, because the guy is a train on offense, and he's playing very good defense as well.

Assuming we had to part ways with both Drew and Gasol, I hope the Lakers take the TPE we received for Odom and send it to Utah, for Millsap or Favors...or try and get Kevin Love with it, or something.

The fact LA won't give up both for Dwight is hilarious to me. Value-wise, they walk away huge winners... Pau is approaching value-less eaach passing year, and Bynum's value is pretty spotty as well with his injuries.

Bottom line, if you can get a top 5 player, without giving up your best player, you do it. When you can put two top 5 players on the same team together, you do it.

I am sure if LA was sending both Pau and Bynum, they could convince ORL to add some nice role players, especially when you consider the cap situation, they'd probably have to. And if Hedo is included, well I'll be damned if I say it, but the guy is almost productive this year, in fact, he might be better than ever (look at those percentages!).

I think people confuse phrases like 'well managed' and "stingy"/"abusing locational leverage" when they describe these so called well managed franchises.

• Owner

The fact LA won't give up both for Dwight is hilarious to me. Value-wise, they walk away huge winners... Pau is approaching value-less eaach passing year, and Bynum's value is pretty spotty as well with his injuries.

The Lakers want to win as much as possible before Kobe starts to take a backseat. When he destroyed his knee, he was nearly there last season...a scary situation, nonetheless. He was struggling so much, it was to the point where I was gearing up for the "Bynum era" in LA...and that would be a failure, since he's not a franchise player (at least that's what I feel).

Kobe and Howard would contend...but I don't think they beat Miami in the Finals, not with Josh McRoberts, Steve Blake, and Matt Barnes as our other three starters (and nothing off the bench). The Lakers would avoid Hedo, if they sent both big men...100% sure of that. It would be a priority, because I have a gut feeling that Jim Buss will amnesty Ron Artest at the end of the season, and we have far, far too much money invested in Kobe and Howard (well, we would) at that point...we'd never be under the cap, or even close to under it, and would be penalized with the harsh luxury tax restrictions of the new CBA.

So, if the Lakers are going to spend the cash, they'll do whatever is necessary to avoid Hedo, or keep Gasol (winning = money), or use that TPE on a PF like Millsap, if we do trade Gasol.

Otherwise, LA will go after Deron Williams, and I'm not really sure why the Nets would deal him to us, unless they fall in love with Drew (who is from Jersey, if I recall correctly). The Nets' situation is really weird to me...not sure what they would do if Deron wants to leave, and they don't get Dwight.

Huh? He still has nearly a 20 PER this year, still averaging 16/10/2 on great percentages, and is still the most skilled post player in the NBA. He's playing next to a dominant offensive and rebounding big man, and the leading scorer in the league, so those numbers are really dumbed down compared to what he's still capable of. There's still a LOT of teams that would love his services.

Trading Bynum and Pau is way too much for just Howard, despite my personal opinion that at very worst he's a top 4 player and arguably the most impactful player in the league. Bynum is a better post scorer than Howard and not a far worse rebounder, and also good defensively. Pau, as I mentioned before, is the most skilled post player in the NBA, a great passer for his position, and a good rebounder and solid defender. That's a LOT of talent and size to be giving up. Orlando knows if they don't trade Howard he'll be gone for nothing but cap relief, so they don't have the leverage, especially since LA will be contenders regardless and they have the best prospect of all the teams Howard wants to be dealt to. If LA is to be giving up both their big men, they will need at least 1-2 other good role players in return. Hedo would actually wouldn't be a bad fit on the Lakers and would fill a need at SF, although if I were the Lakers I'd make a push to get Jameer in the deal. Then they could use the TPE and maybe a guy like Ebanks to sure up their frontcourt depth.