Wizards Looking To Trade Andray Blatche

Art

The Wizards are interested in trading Andray Blatche, according to sources. But team officials are realistic about whether they will be successful as he has four seasons remaining on his current contract.

Via Marc Stein/ESPN

Personal updated trade proposal

• Owner

Blatche may have four years left, but he's not getting paid THAT much ($6.4 million this season) for what he was doing two seasons ago...but this season, I don't know if he just wants to be elsewhere, or what...he's even worse.

Personally, I think Blatche would be a cancer for some of the better teams in the NBA. I don't like his shot selection, always thought he was inconsistent, and I'm not even sure if his head is in the game half the time.

The potential he has always had...it's fun to think about, because he's nearly seven-feet tall and has a perimeter game, isn't a GREAT rebounder, but he can still clean the glass well. But, I just don't feel like the guy can, or even wants to, tap into it.

Blatche may have four years left, but he's not getting paid THAT much ($6.4 million this season) for what he was doing two seasons ago...but this season, I don't know if he just wants to be elsewhere, or what...he's even worse.

Personally, I think Blatche would be a cancer for some of the better teams in the NBA. I don't like his shot selection, always thought he was inconsistent, and I'm not even sure if his head is in the game half the time.

The potential he has always had...it's fun to think about, because he's nearly seven-feet tall and has a perimeter game, isn't a GREAT rebounder, but he can still clean the glass well. But, I just don't feel like the guy can, or even wants to, tap into it.

Hypothetically speaking Kaman and Emeka could help Blatche a bit with his post game; tease him with the opportunity to be a franchise player next to Gordon and a rookie prospect via next years draft... I am willing to take that chance.

I value his potential so much If I was the Hornets staff I'd send him to D-League until he learns the Hornets game plan inside and out & transition him into a good role player for that team specifically.

Edited by Art Hues

• Owner

Hypothetically speaking Kaman and Emeka could help Blatche a bit with his post game; tease him with the opportunity to be a franchise player next to Gordon and a rookie prospect via next years draft... I am willing to take that chance.

I value his potential so much If I was the Hornets staff I'd send him to D-League until he learns the Hornets game plan inside and out & transition him into a good role player for that team specifically.

You could probably convince him if Landry wasn't there, but knowing Blatche, he would be completely unmotivated having to come off the bench (I highly doubt the Hornets would start him over Landry). In fact, I'm not really sure why Landry isn't starting right now...Kaman and Okafor together just creates bad spacing.

You could probably convince him if Landry wasn't there, but knowing Blatche, he would be completely unmotivated having to come off the bench (I highly doubt the Hornets would start him over Landry). In fact, I'm not really sure why Landry isn't starting right now...Kaman and Okafor together just creates bad spacing.

I honestly think Kaman is going to be traded for a few promising pieces. Landry is going to be a big part of New Orleans future, but I would not put it past Demps to trade him if the option is there.

About damn time.

Blatche is a super-talented, but absolutely retarded player. Doesn't use his post ability near enough, is an inefficient scorer who is a volume chucker, an awful defender, has a terrible attitude, and is TO prone. However, because of his talent, it wouldn't surprise me if a team like the T-Wolves made a move for him. Khan loves taking on these kind of projects, and the Wizards actually might get a bit of return for him. He DOES have a lot of talent, and I'm sure there will be a few teams out there that believe they have the coaching personel to tap into his potential, so he there might be a market for him.

Next up: Nick Young.

Wall and McGee are the only players I am holding onto if I am the Wizards. It is going to be a long season regardless, so might as well just clear up cap/roster space and try to add a late pick or two if you can, and hope you can add someone like Anthony Davis in the draft, or a guy on the wing who can light it up.

A lot of people are throwing Wall under the bus, but I am in absolutely no rush to do the same. Kid can only do so much with an incompetent coach and a roster who thinks this is a pickup game. Kid does need to stop taking pull up J's though, that's for sure.

I also still don't get why Vesely was such a highly touted prospect? Kid has role player written all over him, which is cool and all, but not that high in the draft....

Edited by Check my Stats

Next up: Nick Young.

Nick Young will probably walk at the end of the year, he doesn't have much trade value.

I also still don't get why Vesely was such a highly touted prospect? Kid has role player written all over him, which is cool and all, but not that high in the draft....

We've barely seen him play this year and you're already jumping to conclusions? He's a project, you have to stay patient with him. He has good potential in this league, already shows great basketball IQ and work ethic, it's all about helping him develop into a good basketball player.