2012 New York Yankees

Teletopez

After a shocking night in which I just could not believe that Montero was no longer a Yankee, I've done some more reading today, and I feel great about this team. The offense should, for the most part, take care of itself for at least some time. Meanwhile, it was wrong of me to criticize the Yankees' emphasis on pitching. The last two years, maybe more than that, our rotation looked brilliant for a good part of the season. But when the final two months of the season would hit, problems would suddenly enter from left and right. We've established an incredible rotation for 2012, and its future looks more than promising, with Betances and Banuelos still working their way up.

http://oi42.tinypic.com/1o6jbs.jpg

Buster Olney @Buster_ESPN

Talent evaluator on Jorge Vazquez, NYY DH candidate: "He doesn't have a position, but he can flat-out rake. He just mashes."

Go Yankees!

• 4 weeks later...

I think Raul is a decent fit for the Yankees, so long as he is kept out of the field and only plays against select pitchers. Still has a lot of power to right field, which should obviously help you guys given the stadium.

• 2 weeks later...

You may want to familiarize yourself with this thing called the "luxury tax".

They pay enough already, really don't think it's gonna make a difference, especially when you are giving double digit single year deals to NL West starters.

• 2 weeks later...

Retired for what 2 years? Rotation seems about set, now you give him 2.5 mil?

What is to get?

Freddy Garcia took a liner off the hand and they don't know when he'll throw again, Hughes has predictably looked bad, Pineda is sitting at 90 and they're worried a conditioning stint in the minors may be necessary. Pettitte threw in our camp and looked great, called up and said he wants to play again. Match made in heaven.

If Pettitte threw for the Mest, looked great, and offered to sign for 2.5 mil, you say no?

Freddy Garcia took a liner off the hand and they don't know when he'll throw again, Hughes has predictably looked bad, Pineda is sitting at 90 and they're worried a conditioning stint in the minors may be necessary. Pettitte threw in our camp and looked great, called up and said he wants to play again. Match made in heaven.

If Pettitte threw for the Mest, looked great, and offered to sign for 2.5 mil, you say no?

Yes lol