Could BOS Actually miss the playoffs?

5 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

They're sitting 4-7 right now, and this schedule definitely isn't in their favour, we all know that. So I am wondering, does anyone actually picture this Celtics team missing the playoffs? If so, what do you suggest they do moving forward? Is the window on this team finally air shut?

They're sitting 4-7 right now, and this schedule definitely isn't in their favour, we all know that. So I am wondering, does anyone actually picture this Celtics team missing the playoffs? If so, what do you suggest they do moving forward? Is the window on this team finally air shut?

Yes, sir. Boston could indeed miss the playoffs, and won't be surprised a bit. Not sure if the window is shut but it sure is closing....

The window is completely shut for a Finals run. They are too old, unathletic, aren't deep and lack rebounding. IMO it is time to trade KG and Allen (both are expiring contracts I believe), and build around Rondo and whatever draft picks and role players you get in return for those 2 former stars.

I agree I don't think they will be winning any titles, but I cannot see them missing the playoff. They have too much talent and the eastern conference is so weak. If they were in the west maybe but nah not when they have to beat out Cleveland/Milwaukee.

Boston ain't done yet but if this Boston team is an 8th seed look at. When is the last time we have seen an 8th seed with championship experience give Chicago or Miami since I'm assuming they will be a 1 seed a run for their money. Will Boston make a Finals run know but I still believe this team can be a spoiler in the playoffs for the 1st round.

Boston ain't done yet but if this Boston team is an 8th seed look at. When is the last time we have seen an 8th seed with championship experience give Chicago or Miami since I'm assuming they will be a 1 seed a run for their money. Will Boston make a Finals run know but I still believe this team can be a spoiler in the playoffs for the 1st round.

how drunk are you?

• Owner

Don't even see the team getting into the ECF's. Philly could beat them in a seven-game series, and I don't need to tell you what the Heat and Bulls would do.

Miss the playoffs, though? I wouldn't bet on it, but I wouldn't be surprised, either.

Bulls

Heat

Sixers

Pacers

Knicks

Magic

Hawks

That's seven in the East. The Cavs are currently in 8th, with a losing record...but near .500.

The Celtics just seem like they've played for hours without breaks every single game they dive into. They need changes, ASAP, before most of the roster becomes too old to trade.

I think they could miss it. They're old and I think even a light injury to KG/ Ray/ Pierce could really shelf them.

One thing about NBA is it's a fast game than normal/ international basketball. If your team is unathletic, old, slow, it's a major disadvantage because majority of teams in NBA are athletic and fast. Yes, experience and know-how are valuable, but teams with most energy generally wins in this L.

I agree with Nitro, they gotta deal KG and Ray and maybe Pierce too and build around Rondo.

The Celtics have signed Mikael Pietrus, Brandon Bass, and Keyon Dooling; with a move for a legit center the C's will be a lethal threat for the east. I'd say give Danny's Ainge's vision time to develop. His recent moves have made since financially and given this team a lot of flexibility to rest the, big three four who inevitably this team will ride from here on out untill Doc Rivers new five year contract extension runs out.

The Celtics have signed Mikael Pietrus, Brandon Bass, and Keyon Dooling; with a move for a legit center the C's will be a lethal threat for the east. I'd say give Danny's Ainge's vision time to develop. His recent moves have made since financially and given this team a lot of flexibility to rest the, big three four who inevitably this team will ride from here on out untill Doc Rivers new five year contract extension runs out.

Including tonight, it's been over 2 weeks since the team scored at least 90pts in a game. They are 29th in the league in rebounding, with an old KG leading the team with 7.1RPG. All of the big 3 are getting old and unathletic, and Rondo still doesn't have the jumpshot to carry the team. They are barely top 20 in both offensive and defensive rating. The team is now 4-8, and with this compressed schedule, it's going to be extra hard for them to get back on track without some major moves.

It looks like the end of the line for this club.