Vancouver canucks 2012 thread

Tony romo

• 2 weeks later...

Vancouver's suffering from what Chicago suffered after their Cup run. They can't put big winning streaks together, they look off more then maybe I'm used to, and the defense hasn't been great. The whole year it's been inconsistent. I keep waiting for them to put it together (a win in Minnesota would lend credence to that) but they never really seem to turn the corner. If they do beat the Wild tomorrow, they will have taken 9 out of 10 points, certainly not all that bad, while playing pretty awful. They were dominated by the Wings at times and still went to a stupid shootout. Nashville is some absurdly 14-2 or something and the Canucks played halfway decent against them; if not for 2 soft goals from Luongo the Canucks probably win that game 3 or 4-1. So the talent is there - adding Booth was a great move, Booth and Kesler seem to have developed a bit of chemistry together, and having Chris Higgins back with them full time should bring in some real production.

If they can start putting wins together, they'll run away with the West again. I just hope they start finding their form, especially the Sedins. I don't think we need to add anything, besides a depth defenseman and maybe a guy like Travis Moen to play between the third and fourth lines, or where Vigneault seems fit. I think Moen's the ideal guy, he can move up and down the roster without losing much which Gillis seems to favour (Chris Higgins is a fan favourite here and he moves all over the line-up).

• 3 weeks later...