Gordon Waiting on David Stern 4 Extension

Art

Gordon, center Chris Kaman, forward Al-Farouq Aminu and the Minnesota Timberwolves’ 2012 first-round pick were acquired by the Hornets in the trade that sent Chris Paul to the Los Angeles Clippers last month. The NBA gave approval to that trade after previously vetoing a deal that would have sent Paul to the Los Angeles Lakers. Stern has publicly expressed optimism that a Louisiana-based owner will buy the Hornets by midyear.

Gordon has played in only two games for the Hornets because of a bruised right knee. He averaged 21 points in the two games. Gordon said he was evaluated by a team-appointed doctor in New York on Monday, and was told his right knee had no structural damage. The doctor, Gordon said, recommended he return to basketball activities in three weeks.

“The doctor said my knee will be 100 percent sound with rest,” Gordon said.<br

Gordon, 23, hasn’t been in New Orleans long, but is enthusiastic about the opportunity to play under Demps and coach Monty Williams.

"I just hope a deal gets done before the deadline,” Gordon said. “The ball is in [the NBA’s] court.”

Yahoo

Edited by Art Hues

The question is how much is he worth. If you asked me this before the season, I would have said borderline max money, but he has been pretty disappointing to me statistically this year.

Still, if I was the Raptors, I wouldn't hesitate to give him a shade unedr max money if he was a free agent, I think dude is a legit all-star in this league moving forward at the 2.

EDIT: he's only played 2 games :lol: my mistake. I would probably throw him 4 years and around 60M honestly, I think he is worth it. No reason he can't be close to a 24-5-5 guy as a key player, or around there.

Edited by Check my Stats

It's totally based around his health. If his current injury won't seriously affect him long-term, I'd give him max money. No big-name FA's want to come to NO, so much like Memphis giving Rudy Gay a max deal, I think it'd be smart to do everything they can to keep Gordon.

I hate David Stern having all the power in this signing.