CONFIRMED: Chauncey's achilles is torn, out for season.

An MRI exam Friday revealed that Clippers guard Chauncey Billups has a torn left Achilles’ tendon. Billups, who was injured in Monday’s overtime victory over the Magic in Orlando, Fla., will be out at least eight months, ending his season.

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/sports_blog/2012/02/clippers-chauncey-billups.html

An MRI exam Friday revealed that Clippers guard Chauncey Billups has a torn left Achilles’ tendon.

:huh:

Seriously though, this could be a blessing in disguise if it means the Clippers go out and get a real shooting guard. A backcourt rotation of Paul, Billups, Williams, Foye and Bledsoe is just too small in the playoffs.

If they ran into a healthy Spurs team, OKC, Portland or the Lakers guys like Manu, Harden, Kobe and Crawford would abuse Billups.

Hell, even Dallas with Vince Carter could be a big problem, assuming he isn't run down by then.

It sucks that Billups suffered a severe injury but I don't think they go deep in the playoffs with him as the starting shooting guard anyways.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Clippers don't have the money to go out and get JR Smith.

The have vet min, I think that's it.. couple teams with cap room and starting positions, Knicks have the 2.5M exception and a starting 2 guard gig waiting for him.. :glasses:

• Owner

Correct me if I'm wrong, but the Clippers don't have the money to go out and get JR Smith.

I completely forgot the Clips signed Caron with their cash.

JR hinted at New York or LA, and yeah, I doubt he takes the league minimum.

Can Denver still sign-and-trade him, given the circumstances he was in? I haven't looked into that.

• Like 1

JR Smith to the rescue?

More like Eric Bledsoe to the rescue.

LAC should keep its team the way it is after the Martin signing, unless there's a further injury.

Feel terrible for Chauncey...love his play. I trust him more than any other PG even at this point in his career.

Oh no, how will Clippers beat Miami now??

Without that big PG, their backcourt size is going to be exposed. But Mo and Foye will step up. Bledsoe will develop. This will be better for their youth in the long term. Clippers have really good trading pieces, too. I wouldn't be worried about them.