New York @ Miami

alcstarheel

• 2 months later...

Alright, first game of the season, can't wait. :)

The Heat could start off the season with a bang with a 5 straight wins. Let's see if they can make a good first impression on the Knicks.

My game predictions: JO will dominate Lee, Wade will have a high scoring game (35+), UD will have 15-20 points, and Cook will catch fire from 3. This should be a high scoring game.

EDIT: I change my mind on Udonis. Word is he's coming off the bench. I'm expecting Beasley to put up 20+ instead.

Edited by Poe

• Owner

Kobe (33), LeBron (38), and Dirk (34) have dropped 30-point games in their opening games. I wonder how big of a role Wade will have in this one, with Beasley having his hand in the cookie jar a little more, in addition to the rumor that Jermaine is much better than he was last season.

New York should probably drop Lee down to the four and play Darko at the five...but I don't see that happening. Chandler may have a big game if Wade isn't bugging him, depends on what position he plays (if the above happens with Darko, he'll be at the two).

The Heat should win their home opener.

I'm so excited for this game! Wooo! I can easily see the Knicks taking this one from the Heat, I think it will be a close game, it will come down to can we stop Wade at the end or will he beat us again. I think the Knicks win 108-104.

Nice Tim Hardaway is getting his jersey retired tonight..joining Zo........

and Michael Jordan and Dan Marino lol

lmao, they were a bit desperate to retire somebody's jersey.

I'm expecting a Miami win here...Wade always kills it against New York.

Great team play so far. Other than Wade's poor shooting, lots of things are looking good for Miami. Actually, the fact that Wade isn't shooting well and the Heat are still up by 9 says a lot about the improvement of this team.

Also, Haslem coming off the bench seems to be working well. 6 points and 6 boards. He's averaged 10 points and 8 boards for his career, so having him off the bench has not slowed him down a bit.

The only sore spot is Q-Rich's production. He's drawn a charge, and that's it. He's been almost a complete nonfactor in his 8 and a half minutes of play. Erik, please start Jones or Dorell instead. Jones is a better shooter, and Dorell is a much better defender and rebounder then both of them.

Edited by Poe

Man, Miami is looking awesome out there. And I'm just about ready to change my mind on Q-Rich. He's proving to be a decent role player making a couple baskets and drawing a couple charges. He may not be a good 1on1 defender, but he's been a great team defender tonight.

BTW, Jermaine O'Neal - 18 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and its still not the 4th quarter yet. I told you guys he is back, baby! OK, fine, the Knicks defense sucked... but still, man, he looks great out there. There is no question that his knee feels better. :D

Edited by Poe
  • Like 1

Man, Miami is looking awesome out there. And I'm just about ready to change my mind on Q-Rich. He's proving to be a decent role player making a couple baskets and drawing a couple charges. He may not be a good 1on1 defender, but he's been a great team defender tonight.

BTW, Jermaine O'Neal - 18 points, 11 rebounds, 4 assists, and its still not the 4th quarter yet. I told you guys he is back, baby! OK, fine, the Knicks defense sucked... but still, man, he looks great out there. There is no question that his knee feels better. :D

Poe, I have got to give you credit on O'Neal. I did not expect him to do this well the first game of the season. I do hope though he can contain this throughout the season. If he does, then we can be a very good team I think.

Poe, I have got to give you credit on O'Neal. I did not expect him to do this well the first game of the season. I do hope though he can contain this throughout the season. If he does, then we can be a very good team I think.

Thanks man. I've said it from the start that the Heat are going to look like a very good team. Just because they didn't make moves, doesn't mean they didn't get better :)

Hopefully the Heat stay focused and don't get too comfortable. I just predicted a 5 game streak. They should build from this performance and carry it on throughout their next games.

My game predictions: JO will dominate Lee, Wade will have a high scoring game (35+), UD will have 15-20 points, and Cook will catch fire from 3. This should be a high scoring game.

EDIT: I change my mind on Udonis. Word is he's coming off the bench. I'm expecting Beasley to put up 20+ instead.

Well, I was right about Beasley, 21 points, although this prediction won't sound too out of the ordinary after a few games. And by the way, Beasley was actually playing defense out there! Man, the dude was hustling, and making plays on both ends of the floor. This is going to be a great year for him.

JO didn't have quite a big enough performance to call it a complete domination, although he put up a very good numbers. 22 points and 12 boards in less than 30 minutes. Great way to start the season for him.

I was completely wrong about Wade, haha. He had a bad shooting performance in the first half, and he picked himself up in the second. 26 points, which is below his average last year.

Cook only made 2 three-pointers out of 5 attempts, yet those 15 points off the bench are looking very nice. Still, my prediction was on his 3 shooting.