Will these players be top 10 all time when they're done?

kingfish

Will these players be top 10 all time when they're done?

LeBron James, Dwyane Wade, Carmelo Anthony, Chris Paul, Dwight Howard, Kevin Durant

Some of them will. At least half of them probably. I see LeBron and Durant up there. For sure. Dwight Howard will most probably finish close. And I don't think 'Melo and Wade will make it.

As for Chris Paul -- he won't be Top 10 All-Time for sure. CP3 is overrated. He might make the Top 10 Assists Leaders cut, but that's a different story. <_<

(...) Also who do you replace in your top 10 list if you think these players will eventually be top 10.

Šhãłïq's prediction looks like that:

Pos. Player Points

1. Kareem ABDUL-JABBAR 38,387

2. Karl MALONE 36,928

3. Michael JORDAN 32,292

4. Kobe BRYANT (currently 28,628 // 25.4 PPG)

5. Wilt CHAMBERLAIN 31,419

6. LeBron JAMES (currently 18,075 // 27.7 PPG Career // 60th All-Time)

7. Shaquille O'NEAL 28,596

8. Kevin DURANT (currently 8,837 // 26 PPG career)

9. Moses MALONE 27,409

10. Elvin HAYES 27,313

----------------------------------------------

11. Carmelo ANTHONY (currently 15,172 // 116th All-Time)

12. Dwyane WADE (currently 14,282 // 25.3 PPG career // 139th All-Time)

13. Hakeem OLAJUWON* 26,946

14. Dwight HOWARD* (currently 10,869 // 18.3 PPG career)

*The Howard-Hakeem battle will be a close one. I won't be surprised if DH12 eventually surpass Hakeem. This applies for MJ23-KB24 too.

As for Chris Paul -- he will be in the Top 15 for Assists though. And I think he'll finish ahead of Tony Parker, LeBron and Jason Terry:

72. Chris Paul 4,391

All-Time Career Leaders: Assists

Edited by Šhãłïq

• Owner

They will all need to win championships first (yes, I know Wade has one). Karl Malone was an incredible player, second greatest PF of all time (some can argue first), second greatest scorer of all time (statistically), and yet you don't see him cracking top 10 lists because his Jazz never won a championship, thanks to Mike J.

Even though Wade has one under his belt, I can't say he'll be a top ten player of all time.

I'm sure LeBron will get his ring(s) sometime before he retires, so he'll probably be in there as the second greatest SF to play the game, under Larry. As much as I want Durant to improve and surpass what LeBron has done and will do in the future, he could be more along the lines of where Carmelo will stand.

For all of the centers in the all time list (Wilt, Kareem, Shaq and Hakeem), I'm not so sure Howard can find a spot. Incredible defense, but those names I posted were also stellar offensive players, doing everything on that end of the court.

CP3 won't get in. Considering Stockton and Kidd aren't in there, CP3 won't make it. In their primes, Stock and Kidd were better.

KD over Wade? :huh: Kidding right?

KD is a pure scorer, not a good passer, a decent rebounder, and just decent on defense. If he improves those areas of him game he will definitely be in, but if he stays the same, Wade will be a much better all around player to be honest. I love KD and all, but in my opinion he's overrated. I mean I know he's only 23 and his ceiling is high, but the guy only averages 26 ppg 2.7 apg and 6.5 rpg for his career. There's no way the guy is a certain lock for top 10 all time.

Some of them will. At least half of them probably. I see LeBron and Durant up there. For sure. Dwight Howard will most probably finish close. And I don't think 'Melo and Wade will make it.

As for Chris Paul -- he won't be Top 10 All-Time for sure. CP3 is overrated. He might make the Top 10 Assists Leaders cut, but that's a different story. <_<

Šhãłïq's prediction looks like that:

Pos. Player Points

1. Kareem ABDUL-JABBAR 38,387

2. Karl MALONE 36,928

3. Michael JORDAN 32,292

4. Kobe BRYANT (currently 28,628 // 25.4 PPG)

5. Wilt CHAMBERLAIN 31,419

6. LeBron JAMES (currently 18,075 // 27.7 PPG Career // 60th All-Time)

7. Shaquille O'NEAL 28,596

8. Kevin DURANT (currently 8,837 // 26 PPG career)

9. Moses MALONE 27,409

10. Elvin HAYES 27,313

----------------------------------------------

11. Carmelo ANTHONY (currently 15,172 // 116th All-Time)

12. Dwyane WADE (currently 14,282 // 25.3 PPG career // 139th All-Time)

13. Hakeem OLAJUWON* 26,946

14. Dwight HOWARD* (currently 10,869 // 18.3 PPG career)

*The Howard-Hakeem battle will be a close one. I won't be surprised if DH12 eventually surpass Hakeem. This applies for MJ23-KB24 too.

As for Chris Paul -- he will be in the Top 15 for Assists though. And I think he'll finish ahead of Tony Parker, LeBron and Jason Terry:

72. Chris Paul 4,391

All-Time Career Leaders: Assists

Is this list just based off of points? Call me a homer, but not having Duncan in at least the top 15 is ridiculous.....

Out of those you listed I think right now only Lebron looks to have the legit shot at making the top 10, we all know he's got the skill and talent to make it, but he's got to win one championship at least before he's past his prime. I think Wade could end up in the top 20 someday, what with Wade being in the top three shooting guards since MJ retired. KD could make it top 20, depending on how his career goes, he's still so young and has plenty of years ahead of him, hopefully injury doesn't derail his career, such a good dude on and off the court.

As for the others, I have trouble seeing them in the top 10/20, but we'll see.

Edited by YarnIdge

I'm a firm believer LeBron wll make it by the time his career's over.

The others, not so much. For Wade, injuries before LeBron came ruined his chances of duplicating the top 10 all-time type season he had in 08-09, and now with LeBron he simply doesn't have to do as much. He'll probably end up top 20, though. With Durant, it's still early to say, but I don't think he has the all-around skillset to be anything but a borderline top 20 guy. Dwight can end up cracking the top 20, but his positioning depends on his role and success with his new team. CP3 will problem end up in the same area as Stockton.

Edited by Nitro

Lebron James

Dwyane Wade

Carmelo Anthony

Chris Paul

Dwight Howard

Kevin Durant

Just wondering. Also who do you replace in your top 10 list if you think these players will eventually be top 10.

Is this some kind of joke? Only one of those players will crack the top 10, and that's LeBron James. The rest will be lucky to sniff the top 50.

Dwayne "Wheelchair" Wade that's rode Shaq's coat-tails and is as overrated as they come sure as hell isn't cracking the top 10.

Melo? LOL!

Chris "I ain't even better than D-Will" Paul has no chance.

Dwight "I'm inept offensively" Howard has no chance in hell.

Kevin "One dimensional" Durant isn't making it either.

Please stick to your threads about how crappy Obama is because those are actually good threads.

Dwayne "Wheelchair" Wade that's rode Shaq's coat-tails and is as overrated as they come sure as hell isn't cracking the top 10.

You mean the Shaq that averaged 13PPG in the NBA Finals that season?

Yep, Wade completely rode his coat-tails. And it's funny you mention the wheelchair thing when Pierce did the same thing. The difference? Wade spent the next month and a half on the bench in a suit, while Pierce was playing 10min later.

• Like 1

Yep, Wade completely rode his coat-tails. And it's funny you mention the wheelchair thing when Pierce did the same thing. The difference? Wade spent the next month and a half on the bench in a suit, while Pierce was playing 10min later.

:lmao:

I know man, I'd totally rank Hakeem and Duncan ahead of Kobe like some other genius here.....

Wade was fortunate enough to have the refs allow him to parade to the FT line that series.

How many times has Pierce been in a wheel-chair because he's fragile as hell? This has nothing to do with Pierce anyways, but good job trying to change the topic. It doesn't change the fact that Wade is a [expletive] and sits on the side-lines half the year because he's as fragile as they come. Now he just has LeBron's coat-tails to ride for a few championships.

Wade doesn't sniff the top 20 when all is said and done, and he shouldn't sniff the top 30.

Wade was fortunate enough to have the refs allow him to parade to the FT line that series.

Poor excuse. He still averaged 40PPG on ridiculous shooting percentages, made game-saving defensive plays, and was the catalyst for prior series' (like averaging 27PPG on over 60% shooting against the Big Ben Pistons).

Any way you slice it, he didn't ride Shaq's coat-tails. Wade was the #1 guy on that team the entire season and throughout the playoffs. After Shaq's injury in 04-05, he was never the same.

How many times has Pierce been in a wheel-chair because he's fragile as hell? This has nothing to do with Pierce anyways, but good job trying to change the topic.

And Wade being in a wheelchair one time has anything to do with this topic?

Wade doesn't sniff the top 20 when all is said and done, and he shouldn't sniff the top 30.

One championship. One Finals MVP. Career 25/6/5/2/1 averages on 49% shooting. Career playoff averages of 26/6/6 on 48% shooting. 8 straight ASG's and counting. Been on All-NBA teams 6x and counting. Multiple All-Defensive selections. One scoring title. One of only 3 guards to register a 30PER for an entire season (MJ and T-Mac the only others to do that).

And he's only 30.

He's already a top 30 player IMO. A few more years of elite basketball and he'll definitely be top 20.

But yes, I know, thoughtful reasoning and statistics are beyond your mental capacity, hence why you never responded to my post in the MJ vs. Kobe topic, so I don't expect much more than a "But Wade is a [expletive]" response.

But yes, I know, thoughtful reasoning and statistics are beyond your mental capacity, hence why you never responded to my post in the MJ vs. Kobe topic, so I don't expect much more than a "But Wade is a [expletive]" response.

Which topic? The one where I made you look foolish? That's pretty much every topic though.

Kobe>>>>M.J.

Which topic? The one where I made you look foolish? That's pretty much every topic though.

Kobe>>>>M.J.

The one where you never responded and I got like 5 reps for.

Make me look foolish. Please. Explain why Kobe>MJ. Be specific.

BTW, nice job avoiding my post that, you know, was backed up by fact and reason.

EDIT- If you were too lazy to look, below is the post I made in the "MJ is over-rated" topic that you never responded to.

Wow, can't believe I missed this thread before...some ridiculously retarded logic going on here. I really don't know where to start. Some of my post will have to do with the MJ-Kobe debate since that's all ECN keeps bringing up.

-MJ didn't make his teammates better offensively? The Bulls went from being the 2nd ranked offense in 92-93 to the 14th ranked offense in 93-94, including a decline in team FG% and 3pt%. Most of the Bulls team in MJ's last season before retirement had a down year in terms of shooting percentages, but the previous few seasons Pippen and Grant had much higher FG% than any season without MJ, and guys like Armstrong did take a hit without MJ. In the 93-94 post-season, Pippen, Grant, Armstrong, Paxson, Cartwright, and Williams, all of the main players from the 93 championship team, had a decline in shooting percentage from the previous post-season with MJ. The Bulls barely made the top 10 in offense the season MJ came back for 20-30 games, and the next time MJ had a full season with the team they shot to the best offense in the NBA. FYI, the Lakers have NEVER finished as the top ranked offense in the league since Kobe came into the league. Oh, and what often goes overlooked about that 94-95 team was they were only .500 and barely in the playoff hunt before MJ came, and then they ended the season on a 17-3 (I believe) run, even with MJ very rusty and out of the game for a year and a half.

-He got carried to the championship by Horace [expletive]ing Grant and Dennis Rodman? You have got to be kidding me. Neither Grant or Rodman ever made an All-Star team, or All-NBA team during any of MJ's championships. Rodman was an all-star twice in his career (late '80's/early '90's with the Pistons) and Grant made 1 in his career (93-94). Both played vital roles in those championship teams, but MJ was far and away the best and most important player. If you are going to say MJ was carried to his titles by those players, then what the hell do you call what Shaq and Gasol did for Kobe? Shaq won an MVP with Kobe on his team, won all 3 Finals MVP's, had the better regular and post-season numbers, and had higher recognition at the time and in retrospect. Gasol was an all-star who led the Grizzlies to multiple 50-win seasons, and you can make an arguement he should have won the 2010 Finals MVP (though I'd disagree).

-Almost every stat, either basic or advanced, shows MJ was better than Kobe. Single-season and career PPG, single-season and career APG, single-season and career RPG, single-season and career FG%, single-season and career SPG, single-season and career BPG, single-season and career TOV%, single-season and career PER, single-season and career WS, single-season and career WS/48, single-season and career TS%, single-season and career TRB%, single-season and career AST%, single and career post-season PPG, single and career post-season PPG, single and career post-season APG, single and career post-season RPG, single and career post-season SPG, single and career post-season BPG, single and career post-season FG%, single and career post-season PER, single and career post-season TS%, single and career post-season PER.....the list goes on and on.

-While playing one less season than Kobe, MJ has one more championship, 4 more Finals MVP's, 4 more regular-season MVP's, one more DPOY, one more All-Star appearance, one more All-NBA 1st team, 8 more scoring titles, same amount of All-Defensive 1st teams, and 1 more ROTY. In other words, he'll never reach MJ in terms of accolades.

-MJ got All-Defensive teams he didn't deserve. Maybe, maybe not, but I can tell you first hand Kobe has not deserved the majority of his in the last 5-6 years either. For him to be ahead of guys like Tony Allen, Wade, Sefolosha, and Bogans at the G positions is ridiculous. From 05-07 he was lazy as hell defensively and consistently got burned, but got his 1st team selections off reputation, just like you are saying MJ did. And I can tell you when MJ was locked in, he was a better one-on-one defender than Kobe ever was, and he made more of an impact in the passing lanes (led the league in steals 3x) and with weakside blocks as well.

Those are just the facts I presented. I can give you an actual analysis of MJ and Kobe, their actual games, if you prefer. But, I think when it comes to MJ's greatness and overall what he's done in his career, it clearly outshines what Kobe has done...that is something that CANNOT be argued. The only arguement you can make for Kobe is over hypothetically what they are capable of as players, but there is no question MJ dominated the league and acquired the kind of stats and accolades that Kobe never will.

Edited by Nitro