Goudelock vs. Fisher

goudelock filled in very well when steve blake went down, provided us a huge spark off the bench and had multiple games with double digit scoring. he was like a breath of fresh air in an overall horrific season and gave us something to look forward to in the future. now that blake has returned, he has barely gotten off the bench the past 2 games.

he has seen his minutes slashed at the expanse of [expletive]ing derek fisher, who hasn't given us shit all season. derek's shooting 35% from the field and 26% from three, he's still averaging 27 mpg while goudlelock's playing time has been slashed to 6-8 minutes. complete bullshit. goudelock's so much younger, quicker, and not to mention better at everything. an argument can be made that he is not a pure point guard, but lets face it, fisher is probably the worst point guard in the league and should've retired 5 years ago. at least years in the past, we could count on him to hit some open shots, this year he cannot even shoot. so what's the point of having him on the court? he cant shoot, cant pass, cant play defense, why not put in somebody who can actually play?

the point guard rotation should be steve blake, who should be starting, with goudelock backing him up. fisher should not even be in the league right now yet hes starting for us and playing almost 30 minutes a game. it would be one thing if we didnt have any better options, but we do, which is infuriating. for some reason from phil jackson down to mike brown nobody in this organization has the balls to stand up to him and put him on the bench. if anybody else on the roster pulled half the shit derek has their ass would be pulled in a minute. i swear he gets away with more shit on the court than kobe does, im so sick of watching this buffoon slugging up and down the court every single game. to make matters worse, hes like the most durable player in the entire league and never gets injured. yes i am at the point where i am wishing him injury, i dont give a [expletive] anymore he needs to retire /rant

Edited by The Artesticle
  • Like 1

Co-sign.

Some people started complaining about his defense just a few years ago, I was pointing out how bad he was when he made Mike Bibby and Troy Hudson look like Pete Maravich and Isiah Thomas. Just now they notice how bad he is offensively, he hasn't been special offensively since 2001 when he had his epic playoff run.

He should be cemented on the bench. Blake and GLock should get all the PG minutes. When Fisher and Artest/Barnes are on the floor, it's like playing 3 on 5 offensively.

Phil Jackson tried to justify Fish's PT with some BS about him being able to facilitate the offense and bring the ball up (never mind Odom took up probably most of that responsibility), but what's Brown's excuse? Without the Tri LA needs more PG skills out there, something Fisher lacks severely.

We know he sucks defensively, but Fisher can't create, run a break, make a layup, (yet he tries to do all these things which usually result in a TO or a brick), takes the worst shot in basketball -- the foot-on-the-three-point-line-two-point shot -- and now he doesn't even spread the floor anymore.

He has no awareness. I've seen him pass up open three point looks (the only thing he's out there for) to pass to Artest to take a three. I've seen Fish pass up an open 3 to drive to the basket to miss a layup badly or just turn it over. With him on the floor, he's just a negative. He won't defend and offensively he's a non-threat. So what's the point of keeping him on the floor.

As terrible as Artest is offensively and as horrible as his contract is, he still has a role on the team: He can still defend guys like Pierce, Durant, Melo, etc. But Fish brings NOTHING. He should join Luke on the bench and quietly collect his check.

Well that was longer than expected. I get carried away complaining about Fish because I've been doing it for over a decade and it seem like just now others are seeing what I've been bitching about all this time.