San Antonio @ Chicago

alcstarheel

• 2 months later...

Rose needs to start doing his thing. It seems like he's content to just come up and dump it off and stand off to the side. He's the best offensive player on their side of the floor, he should be driving and dishing and doing his thing. Maybe he just isn't doing it because of his ankle, idk. Either way the Spurs look very good, Duncan is still a force and Gino, Tony, and RJ are as good as they need to be. I don't see the Bulls holding onto this lead unless Rose starts to push the issue.

• Owner

Chicago did a great job pushing the Spurs off the offensive glass for the first half, and those second chance points by Chicago are the only reason they started the second half up by one.

I have to agree that Rose needs to stick himself into the offense. He's throwing dimes, but he can explode past Parker...you can just see it by that crossover he declines to finish. It could be the ankle, yes...but he didn't have that much trouble getting that layup in over Duncan.

Speaking of Duncan, Chicago needs to keep playing him with one guy. The doubles are going to start hurting them in the end, and as long as they stick someone like Noah or Miller on Duncan, then waive their guards out of the post, they will keep this game close against a better (but rusty) Spurs team.

Seems Tyrus is finally starting to come into his own. We forget how young he still is because he came out so early. He could be a rookie in the NBA if he decided to graduate instead of come out as a freshman. He would probably be a lot better offensively and fundamentally if he did stay. It seems like he's starting to come into his own though. Him and Rose can really form a great tandem if he does.

• Owner

The Spurs can't find a consistent shot from anywhere on the floor other than Duncan's bank. They will NEVER get back that lead if they keep that up, because defending the Bulls means nothing if you can't score from more than just one spot on the floor.

The Spurs can't find a consistent shot from anywhere on the floor other than Duncan's bank. They will NEVER get back that lead if they keep that up, because defending the Bulls means nothing if you can't score from more than just one spot on the floor.

I think they got start getting Ginobili the ball more, if more RJ means less Gino I don't like it.

• Owner

Four minutes to go, but the game is over as far as I'm concerned. If the Spurs can't do jack on offense, and they continue to leave shooters open, an extra four minutes won't change anything after the 44 minutes of disaster.