Timberwolves trying to land Pau Gasol

Dash

In other news involving NBA big men, a source said Wednesday that Minnesota continues to pursue a possible trade for Lakers forward Pau Gasol, dangling rookie Derrick Williams, who is from the Los Angeles area, and draft choices. The only players considered untouchable by the Timberwolves, who are seeking to add a veteran by the trade deadline, are Kevin Love and Ricky Rubio. The Timberwolves believe it could be enticing for Gasol to play on the same team as fellow Spaniard Rubio.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Miami-Heat-Chris-Kaman-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Pau-Gasol-Los-Angeles-Lakers-trade-021512

I'm guessing on top of Derrick Williams the Wolves are trying to package Luke Ridnour, Wesley Johnson along with possibly the Jazz and Grizzlies first round picks. Possibly a big man as well but I don't see the Lakers going for it.

• Like 1

http://msn.foxsports.com/nba/story/Miami-Heat-Chris-Kaman-Minnesota-Timberwolves-Pau-Gasol-Los-Angeles-Lakers-trade-021512

I'm guessing on top of Derrick Williams the Wolves are trying to package Luke Ridnour, Wesley Johnson along with possibly the Jazz and Grizzlies first round picks. Possibly a big man as well but I don't see the Lakers going for it.

Not a chance the Lakers get what you are saying the T-Wolves would try and offer:

Williams

Ridnour

Johnson

Minn 1st

Utah 1st

Even if you are saying it's only Williams and the picks, no deal.

This would be a pretty stupid trade for both teams in all honesty. I would imagine Kobe being livid if this deal went down. Good sim league/2k trade (for LA), not a good real life trade imo.

Bad trade for the Wolves no matter how you slice it. You only make a move like this for Pau if it makes you a contender, which it doesn't.

Edited by Check my Stats