Demar getting back on track?

20 ppg over his last 7 games, including 25 vs Miami, 21 vs Boston and 29 vs the Spurs. Shooting .466 over that stretch, and around 5 free throws per game. Only taken 12 threes over that stretch, 6 if you minus that 4-6 game against Milwaukee. He is also averaging 2.6 APG, which obviously isn't good for a guard, but a step in the right direction for Demar.

I literally haven't been able to watch a single one of those games between TSN being the only sports channel I get and school. But it looks like he is starting to get back on track. So what has changed in these past 7 games that has resulted in him looking like the Demar from the 2nd half of last year (statistically)?

In the past few games, he has really cut down on just jacking up unnecessary jumpers, and instead is driving to the basket every time he sees a hole. Thats how he's been getting to the line more often. His FT shooting has been pretty lights out too, which really helps.

• 3 weeks later...

19.8 over his last 15 games. 47% from the field, 3 boards and 2.4 assists, and taking 6 free throws a game. Like I said, haven't been able to catch a lot of games because I get next to no channels here, but from the stats and comments, it sounds like he is starting to look like the player from last year, and his defense seems like it is getting better as well (though still not that good).

Then numbers obviously aren't great, but encouraging when you consider just how bad he was at the start of the year.

19.8 over his last 15 games. 47% from the field, 3 boards and 2.4 assists, and taking 6 free throws a game. Like I said, haven't been able to catch a lot of games because I get next to no channels here, but from the stats and comments, it sounds like he is starting to look like the player from last year, and his defense seems like it is getting better as well (though still not that good).

Then numbers obviously aren't great, but encouraging when you consider just how bad he was at the start of the year.

19.8 PPG is exactly what I was hoping for from Demar this year. Only thing he really needs to improve is his rebounding. Being 6'7, he should be able to grab more then 3 boards a game.

19.8 PPG is exactly what I was hoping for from Demar this year. Only thing he really needs to improve is his rebounding. Being 6'7, he should be able to grab more then 3 boards a game.

Why 19.8 exactly? Why not 19.9 or 19.7? ;)

Seriously though, I'm more impressed by his defense than I am with his offense.

Since that Charlotte game where Reggie Williams went off on him, he has picked it up a lot defensively.

Feb 22 vs. Detroit - Stuckey/Gordon went 3-8 for 6 points.

Feb 28 @ Houston - Martin went 3-15 for 14 points

Feb 29 @ New Orleans - Belinelli went 6-15 for 20 points

Mar 2 vs Memphis - Allen/Mayo went 6-16 for 21 points

Mar 4 vs. GS - Rush/Thompson went 5-12 for 12 points

Mar 5 vs. Orlando - Richardson went 2-10 for 6 points

Mar 7 vs. Houston - Martin/Lee/Williams went 3-17 for 12 points

Now obviously he wasn't guarding these guys for the entire time they were out there and there were moments when switches occured and what not, but for the most part, these were the guys who he was guarding for the vast majority of these games.

Why 19.8 exactly? Why not 19.9 or 19.7? ;)

Seriously though, I'm more impressed by his defense than I am with his offense.

Since that Charlotte game where Reggie Williams went off on him, he has picked it up a lot defensively.

Feb 22 vs. Detroit - Stuckey/Gordon went 3-8 for 6 points.

Feb 28 @ Houston - Martin went 3-15 for 14 points

Feb 29 @ New Orleans - Belinelli went 6-15 for 20 points

Mar 2 vs Memphis - Allen/Mayo went 6-16 for 21 points

Mar 4 vs. GS - Rush/Thompson went 5-12 for 12 points

Mar 5 vs. Orlando - Richardson went 2-10 for 6 points

Mar 7 vs. Houston - Martin/Lee/Williams went 3-17 for 12 points

Now obviously he wasn't guarding these guys for the entire time they were out there and there were moments when switches occured and what not, but for the most part, these were the guys who he was guarding for the vast majority of these games.

Oh for sure. I was at the game on Wednesday, and watching him more carefully, and I could tell he has definitely improved his defensive game. Kevin Martin was pretty much invisible all game, and a lot of that had to do with Demar.