Clippers ReSign Bobby Simmons

EDIT: See latest post!

-----------

Sources: Clippers eye Bobby Simmons:

http://www.nba.com/clippers/photos/simmons-670-120324.jpg

A second stint with the Los Angeles Clippers awaits for 2004-05 NBA Most Improved Player award winner Bobby Simmons. The Clippers are planning to sign Simmons out of the D-League to a 10-day contract after the All-Star break, according to sources close to the situation.

Simmons, 31, is averaging 13.5 points and 7.6 rebounds for the D-League's Reno Bighorns. He last played in the NBA during the 2010-11 season, appearing in just two games with San Antonio.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound swingman's greatest NBA success came with the Clippers in 2004-05, when he averaged 16.4 points and 5.9 rebounds to earn Most Improved honors.

Source

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Clippers Sign Bobby Simmons

http://www.nba.com/clippers/photos/simmons-670-120227.jpg

\

The Los Angeles Clippers have signed forward Bobby Simmons to a 10-day contract. Simmons, the 29th GATORADE Call-Up of the 2011-12 season, averaged 13.5 points and 7.6 rebounds in 21 games played for the Reno Bighorns of the NBA Development League this season. PRESS RELEASE

This seems to be like a good move for the Clippers. I think it will benefit the team, maybe not in a huge way, but every little bit counts. Now that the second season is about to kickoff things are going to start getting even more exciting.

Simmons Looking for Second 10-day Contract:

The 10-day contract Bobby Simmons signed with the Clippers on Feb. 27 is coming to a close, meaning the team has to make a decision on whether to offer the small forward another 10-day deal or release him. The Clippers have until Wednesday to let Simmons know what they plan to do.

"I expect to have him back," Clippers Coach Vinny Del Negro said. If the Clippers sign Simmons to a second 10-day contract, once that deal runs out they would have to sign him for the remainder of the season if they want to keep him.

"It goes by fast," Simmons said. "But I'm just taking it one day at a time. I'm just blessed to be here." Simmons has played in every game since he joined the Clippers from the NBA's Development League Reno team.

LA Times

EDIT: See latest post!

-----------

Sources: Clippers eye Bobby Simmons:

A second stint with the Los Angeles Clippers awaits for 2004-05 NBA Most Improved Player award winner Bobby Simmons. The Clippers are planning to sign Simmons out of the D-League to a 10-day contract after the All-Star break, according to sources close to the situation.

Simmons, 31, is averaging 13.5 points and 7.6 rebounds for the D-League's Reno Bighorns. He last played in the NBA during the 2010-11 season, appearing in just two games with San Antonio.

The 6-foot-6, 220-pound swingman's greatest NBA success came with the Clippers in 2004-05, when he averaged 16.4 points and 5.9 rebounds to earn Most Improved honors.

Source

Simmons earned himself another 10 day contract! This is great news and I am happy to see the Clippers trying to add some depth to their lineup. It is no secret the season is shortened with more games in a less amount of time and that affects the players health overall, we have already had 1 player be a victim of injury. It is essential that VDN makes some changes in the lineup in order to keep his players health and the teams chemistry intact. The playoffs are creeping up and it will be interesting to see how this second half of the season turns out. The Clippers are now holding on to their first place rank in the Pacific Western Conference by the skin of their teeth. Lately, I have noticed that the team has a knack for playing catch; even relying on CP3 or other players to simply shine in clutch time in order to win. This is a tough way to play and has many flaws + against a veteran team or a strong consistent team the catch up game does not work.

• 2 weeks later...

Simmons could still be in Clippers’ plans:

LOS ANGELES -- The Los Angeles Clippers will likely take the rest of the week to decide whether to commit to forward Bobby Simmons for the rest of the season, according to a team source.

Simmons' second 10-day contract ends on Monday. Before the Clippers’ game against the Detroit Pistons on Sunday, Clippers coach Vinny Del Negro said the team planned to sign Simmons for the rest of the season.

However after the game it became clear the team needed more time to decide whether to commit its final roster spot to Simmons for the rest of the season. The Clippers currently have 15 players on their roster after trading for swingman Nick Young on Thursday. Simmons is their only un-guaranteed contract.

http://espn.go.com/blog/los-angeles/clippers/post/_/id/1145/simmons-will-be-signed-through-season

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Simmons not signed for rest of season:

Simmons, who signed two 10-day contracts with the Clippers, was told he wouldn't be signed after his contract expired Sunday.

The Clippers did inform Simmons that they will reevaluate things after they return from a three-game trip on Friday.

Simmons averaged 3.8 points and 2.8 rebounds in his first seven games.

He didn't score Sunday against the Pistons.

"I think it's a possibility I could be back," he said. "They have to see how it goes with the team. It's up to the owner [Donald Sterling], I guess, if he wants to pay for me to be here the rest of the year. But I'm willing to help any team right now."

http://www.latimes.com/sports/la-sp-clippers-fyi-20120319,0,703546.story

BOBBY SIMMONS RE-SIGNED BY CLIPPERS

3/24/12

The Los Angeles Clippers today re-signed free agent forward Bobby Simmons, whose second 10-day contract with the Clippers expired on March 18th.

In 13 games played for the Clippers this season, Simmons has tallied 3.5 points and 2.7 rebounds per game, while shooting .371 from behind the three-point line.

http://www.nba.com/clippers/news/bobby-simmons-re-signed-by-clippers-120324.html