Kobe suffers broken nose, mild concussion

Real Deal

• Owner
You know these are strange and irritating tendencies when even Kobe, who wants nothing more than a shot to knock LeBron and the Heat out should they ever meet in the NBA Finals, is the one so publicly trying to prop him up in moments like this. What we didn't know at the time of Kobe's on-court talk with LeBron was that he was still feeling the effects of a blow he had taken to the head earlier in the game from Dwyane Wade on a drive to the basket.

Ironically, it was the blow that sent Kobe, with blood dripping from his nose, to the free-throw line for the two points that pulled him into a tie with Jordan for the All-Star scoring record. Kobe finished the game and delivered his message to James, but did not speak with the media afterward because he was being evaluated for headaches following the game (a CT scan revealed a broken nose.)

One of the writers over at SBNation say he had headaches and that it was from a mild concussion, and it was also tweeted a few times last night, once by Woj.

@WojYahooNBA: Besides a broken nose, Kobe Bryant sustained a mild concussion Sunday night in the All-Star game, league source tells Y! Sports.

Dwyane Wade on his hard foul on Kobe: "Obviously I didn't try to draw no blood ... but I took a foul. Kobe had fouled me twice in a row right before that."

Dwyane Wade on Kobe setting the all-time All-Star scoring mark: "With KD in the league, I don't know how long it's going to last."

https://twitter.com/#!/dailythunder/status/173977285286830080

https://twitter.com/#!/dailythunder/status/173976840254406656

D-Wheel sounds pissed he lost his team and city to LeBron James, and that he has been the second best two-guard for years. What the hell is his deal?

Lol dude I don't think Wade was trying to hurt Kobe at all relax. It was definitely an accident. Also, did you read the other quotes where he praised Kobe non-stop after the game calling him one of the greatest ever? That's like if I made a thread about Shane Battier when Wade hurt the shoulder in 07.

And lets be real, that quote about KD is most likely true considering the way he scores in these things.

Edited by Flash

Lol dude I don't think Wade was trying to hurt Kobe at all relax. It was definitely an accident. (...)

Oh, 'definitely'! It was definitely 'an accident'... Tell it to this man:

http://www.nba.com/lakers/photos/12allstar_140021502_10.jpg

No accident here, I saw the replay a hundred times. It was on purpose. Maybe Wade didn't wanna break Kobe's nose but sure wanted to make a hard foul. Well, he did - a little too hard. <_<

Oh, and... please, feel free to start a thread about Battier when Wade hurt the shoulder in '07. Please, do me that favor.

And yeah, let's be real -- of course KD will most probably break Kobe's all-star record. I got no problem with that.

Edited by Šhãłïq

Obviously he tried to foul him...

But he wasn't trying to break the guys nose or anything even close to that. These guys know each other, won a gold medal with one another I seriously doubt Wade was trying to hurt Kobe.

D-Wheel sounds pissed he lost his team and city to LeBron James, and that he has been the second best two-guard for years. What the hell is his deal?

"Tonight, he does what he normally does," Dwyane Wade said of Bryant. "He got 27. He's Kobe Bryant. He scores the ball. He's a tough cover. But it's great being a little piece of history. He's one of the best of all time. We will one day say we had the honor of playing against one of the greatest players to ever play the game of basketball."

Oh yeah, he's totally mad.

One of the writers over at SBNation say he had headaches and that it was from a mild concussion, and it was also tweeted a few times last night, once by Woj.

https://twitter.com/...977285286830080

https://twitter.com/...976840254406656

Dwyane Wade's reaction after the play was very telling as most players immediately check to see if the player they fouled is ok. Even his reaction in the article is ludicrous; even if KB did foul him as hard as he did on two other plays there was no blood at all to show for it.

My friend pointed out to me that he lost all respect for Dwyane after the Rondo incident in the playoffs and considering no one ever plays defense during the all-star game and hes complaining about fouls... SMDH.

• Like 2

• Owner

Oh yeah, he's totally mad.

He seemed to be. I didn't see him asking Kobe if he was good.

Did you expect Wade to make any other comment? LOL...come on.

"I fouled Kobe hard because I was pissed off. I can't stand him. He was lighting me up in the first half, so I figured I'd give him a broken nose and a concussion, to see if that would stop the punk ass bitch." - Wade

No, he's not going to say that.

And the foul was completely ignorant, by the way. It was really the first foul of the game (that wasn't a touch foul), and it was while Kobe was on his way to the rim, something every other player on the court was getting without ANYONE playing defense.

He was pissed. He made a mistake. He didn't check on him, didn't ask him if he was okay. Talking about how great Kobe has been as a player means little to nothing, just damage control, to make him look less like a salty player.

It's all good, though. Wade did the same thing to Rondo last year.

Good to see a couple of ESPN guys putting him on blast, too.

• Like 1

Did you expect Wade to make any other comment? LOL...come on.

"I fouled Kobe hard because I was pissed off. I can't stand him. He was lighting me up in the first half, so I figured I'd give him a broken nose and a concussion, to see if that would stop the punk ass bitch." - Wade

No, he's not going to say that.

:lol:

And the foul was completely ignorant, by the way. It was really the first foul of the game (that wasn't a touch foul) (...)

True, the foul was totally IGNORANT! :angry: The first such foul and probably the only one. <_<

...and it was while Kobe was on his way to the rim, something every other player on the court was getting without ANYONE playing defense.

So true, when Iggy and LBJ, for example, were on their way to the rim no one played any D. It's NOT the NBA Finals, it's the All-Star game, damned! :angry:

I used to effin' like Wade. Damn, I can't believe I was rooting for this punk last year against Dallas. <_< I'm so happy he didn't win the 'ship now. And I don't care if Wade's one of the best. He managed to turn me against him to the point he's my Most Hated Player ever. :angry: I hate him more than I hate Paul Pierce, KG and Ginobili, combined (and I really hate those three). <_< Also:

Kobe suffers broken nose

:lol: @ how people put things. Title should be: WADE BREAKS BRYANT'S NOSE <_<

No sure who came up with this, but LOL:

Stu Jackson just issued a statement that the NBA has suspended Kobe for 1 game and has fined him $25,000 for the flagrant and unsportsmanlike blow that Kobe's nose inflicted on Wade's fist.

Said Jackson, "In all my years as a player, coach and executive in the NBA, I've never see anything so diabolical, especially the way Kobe willed himself to bleed from his nostril in order to elicit sympathy and make himself look like the victim." When told that Kobe had to be examined by doctors before being allowed to fly home to Los Angeles, Jackson said: "Typical. A guy as wealthy as Kobe can afford to have so-called 'doctors' on retainer to enable him to put on a big public relations charade. But we in the commissioner's office are wise to Kobe's socio-pathic machinations."

Jackson also stated that NBA doctors have examined Wade's fist. He is under sedation and round-the-clock observation. For the time being, the Miami Heat star is "resting comfortably."

Jackson also noted that the league may not be done dealing with Kobe. Jackson said that Kobe's five L.A. Laker championship teams may be stripped of their titles, and that Kobe himself may be banned for life under the new "basketball reasons" clause of the amended NBA "super-secret" internal guidelines. Jackson and David Stern are expected to rule on the matter when the full "basketball reasons" committee convenes on March 1. The other members of that committee are Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, and Ray Allen, as the player representative.

• Like 1

• Owner

Lol I'll step out of this thread and let you guys have your little circle jerk full of smiley faces and quotes.

Hey, we'll try to make it a more special circle-jerk than the one you were hosting back in the summer of 2010 on the forums.

http://bradfordschools.net/blog/nessfield/files/2012/01/Happy_smiley_face.png

• Like 1

• Owner

Someone said that Kevin Hart was flipping out when he saw Kobe's broken nose, so I found a picture:

http://a5.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/407055_10100869378819731_6018131_58910771_2118903914_n.jpg

LOL.

(...) the NBA has suspended Kobe for 1 game and has fined him $25,000 for the flagrant and unsportsmanlike blow that Kobe's nose inflicted on Wade's fist.

Said Jackson, "In all my years as a player, coach and executive in the NBA, I've never see anything so diabolical, especially the way Kobe willed himself to bleed from his nostril in order to elicit sympathy and make himself look like the victim." When told that Kobe had to be examined by doctors before being allowed to fly home to Los Angeles, Jackson said: "Typical. A guy as wealthy as Kobe can afford to have so-called 'doctors' on retainer to enable him to put on a big public relations charade. But we in the commissioner's office are wise to Kobe's socio-pathic machinations."

Jackson also stated that NBA doctors have examined Wade's fist. He is under sedation and round-the-clock observation. For the time being, the Miami Heat star is "resting comfortably."

Jackson also noted that the league may not be done dealing with Kobe. Jackson said that Kobe's five L.A. Laker championship teams may be stripped of their titles, and that Kobe himself may be banned for life under the new "basketball reasons" clause of the amended NBA "super-secret" internal guidelines. Jackson and David Stern are expected to rule on the matter when the full "basketball reasons" committee convenes on March 1. The other members of that committee are Mark Cuban, Dan Gilbert, and Ray Allen, as the player representative.

:) :D :lol: Ooh! http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif LOLZ!!http://discussion.socalskateparks.com/images/smilies/smiley_rofl.gif ROFL!! http://www.rcindia.org/Smileys/default/rofl.gif LMAO!!

http://files.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/tiny_mce/P3T3RP4N/rofl.gif

MUAHHHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAARGH... Aaah, boy what a good laugh.. thanks a ton for sharing!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BfSbB9ygp94/TRcV3LIJ_gI/AAAAAAAABAY/Ecok5Q4ygXA/s320/thumbs_up_smiley.gif

Wade is a punk, hopefully people will realize it now. Everyone has painted LeBron the douche, but Wade is no saint either. What I don't get is why Wade didn't just D up on him, he let him go by, no help (as expected, all-star game) then just hammered him. If Kobe had been expecting a foul, then he probably wouldn't have gotten banged so hard, but don't play the first however many minutes soft, then all of a sudden hammer a guy.

why the [expletive] did he even bother in the first place, its the [expletive]ing all star game? that right there points out it was intentional. wade has never been a clean player, but i never thought he could stoop to this low of a level to do some shit like this in an ASG

• Owner

If it was the fourth quarter, late in the game, and Wade was going for the ball...I would have a different opinion on this.

But, it was third quarter, really the first hard foul of the game (the ONLY hard foul, at that), and Wade was not going for the ball. He didn't even try to grab Kobe.

The foul was intentionally hard. It may not have been done to break Kobe's nose, but it was done to send some ridiculous message in a meaningless All-Star game, which is as dirty as the foul on Rondo last year. And it's sad, because Wade was really the only guy I liked on the Heat.

• Like 1

There is no point in committing that type of foul in the ASG. Especially that early in the game, I could maybe understand if the game was tight down the stretch. D Wade straight up got shook on that spin and was beat to the rack, there was no need to be bitter.

I'm not going to wish any harm upon D Wade, and I doubt the Lakers will intentionally try to hurt him whenever these two teams play each other. But as one great man man once said, "Karma is a bitch. Gets you everytime."

Lmao at all the people saying it was intentional. To me it didn't look intentional in any way, was it a bit of a hard foul? Yes, due to the fact that it is an allstate game. But I think it was more of a reaction than anything else, no harm intentions from Wade IMO.

This hyperbole filled thread has no room for common sense. GTFO.

• Like 1

• Owner

This hyperbole filled thread has no room for common sense. GTFO.

Why are you still in here, then? You told us you were leaving.

Really pisses you off, huh? That Wade was a complete fool to break someone's nose in an all-star game...SMH.

I noticed you've been hot-blooded about everything Wade and LeBron this morning...in the ASG topic, in this one, most hated topic, in the Derrick Rose topic (four topics!)...you're on a roll.