Kobe suffers broken nose, mild concussion

Real Deal

Why are you still in here, then? You told us you were leaving.

Really pisses you off, huh? That Wade was a complete fool to break someone's nose in an all-star game...SMH.

I noticed you've been hot-blooded about everything Wade and LeBron this morning...in the ASG topic, in this one, most hated topic, in the Derrick Rose topic (four topics!)...you're on a roll.

Lol you guys are the ones bitching about a hard foul that wasn't meant to hurt anyone. Had this been some random player it wouldn't have even mattered but since its Kobe its now the end of the world.

I'm not the one who was calling for "8 elbows" on Sunday either.

Who's mad in the Rose thread? I'm just pointing out that he has the personality of a rock...there isn't anything wrong with that though.

If you think Wade's the only guy that would've taken that foul you're out of your mind.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

If you think Wade's the only guy that would've taken that foul you're out of your mind.

LOL, yes...it was pretty obvious that everyone else would've fouled Kobe just like that, the way they were playing the entire game.

Care to give me one more foul that was even close to that?

Fourth quarter, down one, Kobe going at the rim closing seconds, that's different. Third quarter, All-Star Game, after EVERYONE was getting free dunks...and Wade doesn't go after the ball?

Wade is one of the best shot-blocking two-guards in NBA history...and he didn't even come close to blocking that shot, despite having more athleticism at this point of Kobe's career, and not trailing him by that much.

Didn't try to grab him, didn't try to block the shot...it was pretty obvious he was butt hurt that Kobe spun off him and beat him to the rim after eating him alive in the first half.

Again, he didn't intend to break his nose, but the foul was meant to be flagrant. It's too bad he reverted back to the guy that fouled Rondo the way he did last year.

Dwayne Wade.....please go. It's been painful enough to watch you ride Shaq's coat-tails and now LeBron's. You're jelly as can be about Kobe, which is exactly what your quotes showed last night.

The foul was certainly intentional as well.

Over/Under:

6 1/2 game until Wade's in a wheel-chair for two months?

I can't stand him. He's a punk.

• Like 1

Lmfao hold on...now we're saying he MEANT to flagrant foul Kobe? Jesus Christ..

And lulz @ ECN. Even Shaq will tell you he's the one who rode D-Wade to that ring. That's one of the dumber statements you've made. If thats the case then what did Kobe do for his first 3 rings when Shaq was in his prime?

Dwayne Wade.....please go. It's been painful enough to watch you ride Shaq's coat-tails and now LeBron's. You're jelly as can be about Kobe, which is exactly what your quotes showed last night.

The foul was certainly intentional as well.

Over/Under:

6 1/2 game until Wade's in a wheel-chair for two months?

I can't stand him. He's a punk.

ur so annoying its not even funny... don't attract too much attention

• Like 1

:) :D :lol: Ooh! http://www.vipstylecars.com/forums/images/smilies/smiley-rofl.gif LOLZ!!http://discussion.socalskateparks.com/images/smilies/smiley_rofl.gif ROFL!! http://www.rcindia.org/Smileys/default/rofl.gif LMAO!!

http://files.chesscomfiles.com/images_users/tiny_mce/P3T3RP4N/rofl.gif

MUAHHHAAHAHAHAHAAHHAHAARGH... Aaah, boy what a good laugh.. thanks a ton for sharing!!

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_BfSbB9ygp94/TRcV3LIJ_gI/AAAAAAAABAY/Ecok5Q4ygXA/s320/thumbs_up_smiley.gif

You were a waste of a sperm cell.

• Like 3

• Owner

Lmfao hold on...now we're saying he MEANT to flagrant foul Kobe? Jesus Christ..

So he meant to go after the ball? Isn't there a quote from Wade where he stated he meant to foul him hard? That's kind of weird...I'll have to go find that quote.

It was an intentional foul, and it was at his head/face. That means it's an intentional flagrant. I didn't see him give Kobe a slight push, or try to grab his arm and prevent the shot from going up...I saw a hand come down and break Kobe's nose, not going after the ball.

Very painful to know Wade can be a dirty player, I know...but you're just going to have to deal with that moving forward.

• Owner

LOL @ dudes thinking he did it on purpose.

Wade said the hard foul was on purpose...so, that means it's intentional. Did he do it to break his nose? No, nobody thinks that (at least I hope not), but going after his head/face was what he did, and admitted to doing, on purpose.

How do you translate that? Was Wade lying?

Why are you still in here, then? You told us you were leaving.

Really pisses you off, huh? That Wade was a complete fool to break someone's nose in an all-star game...SMH.

I noticed you've been hot-blooded about everything Wade and LeBron this morning...in the ASG topic, in this one, most hated topic, in the Derrick Rose topic (four topics!)...you're on a roll.

Thinking the same.

Looking at the replay, I don't think he was intentionally going after his head. Definitely was a hard foul, but it looked like he grazed his head while going for Kobe's arms.

Of course people will go to one extreme or another on this. Personally, it was a cheap shot, and it clearly looked like Wade sized him up by letting Kobe spin on him with little defensive resistance. As I said in the game thread, though, I loved the matchup between those two, especially in the last quarter. Can't wait for Sunday.

No way I will win this argument, but if you think Wade's mindset in that situation was to break Kobe's nose or hurt him then you are crazy. I can GUARANTEE if the shoe was on the other foot, people would compliment Kobe for going hard in every game no matter what, because that is what "legends do". The foul wasn't even hard, it was a typical wrap up that went wrong.

I honestly want to talk some sense into a majority of you, but its not going to happen. Its not like he injured Kobe and he is going to be out for weeks, dude is perfectly fine.

Wade said he was trying to foul Kobe. Those are his own words. He was crying because he claims Kobe fouled him twice that game, so he wanted to get a good shot in.

I said he wasn't intentionally going after his head. He definitely meant to foul him hard, but I don't think he meant to hit him in the face and break his nose.

So it was all Paul Pierce`s idea: <_<

QUOTE: Bryant broke Jordan’s record on a breakaway dunk with 4:56 left in the third quarter, but the game didn’t truly become interesting until late in the fourth. After Wade made two free throws with 22.8 seconds left to bring the East within a point, East forward Paul Pierce began screaming, “Foul Kobe! Foul Kobe! He’s going to miss."

Bryant is a career 83.7 percent free-throw shooter and the West also had Blake Griffin, a notoriously bad foul shooter, on the floor, but Pierce didn’t care.

“I did say foul [bryant] because last week he missed two crucial free throws against Dallas,” Pierce said. “That’s not normal for him.”

Source

&%$#@ Paul Pierce!! :angry: No wonder why he`s one of my most hated players.

Edited by Šhãłïq

So it was Pierce`s idea: <_<

QUOTE: Bryant broke Jordan’s record on a breakaway dunk with 4:56 left in the third quarter, but the game didn’t truly become interesting until late in the fourth. After Wade made two free throws with 22.8 seconds left to bring the East within a point, East forward Paul Pierce began screaming, “Foul Kobe! Foul Kobe! He’s going to miss."

Bryant is a career 83.7 percent free-throw shooter and the West also had Blake Griffin, a notoriously bad foul shooter, on the floor, but Pierce didn’t care.

“I did say foul [bryant] because last week he missed two crucial free throws against Dallas,” Pierce said. “That’s not normal for him.”

Source

Umm...what? The foul that broke Kobe's nose happened well before the 4th quarter.

So it was all Paul Pierce`s idea: <_<

Source

...what?

You know he meant foul him at the end of the game right? Not in the 3rd when Wade fouled him...

oh haha I was still on page 1

Edited by fish7718

No way I will win this argument, but if you think Wade's mindset in that situation was to break Kobe's nose or hurt him then you are crazy. I can GUARANTEE if the shoe was on the other foot, people would compliment Kobe for going hard in every game no matter what, because that is what "legends do". The foul wasn't even hard, it was a typical wrap up that went wrong.

I honestly want to talk some sense into a majority of you, but its not going to happen. Its not like he injured Kobe and he is going to be out for weeks, dude is perfectly fine.

Good thing no one is saying he tried to break Kobe's nose. What has been said is that Wade meant to foul Kobe hard, and Wade said that himself.

So, when you realized you were not going to win this argument, you decided to try and change the words of what people here are saying, but that's not slipping by anyone.

Yea, who cares if he fouled him hard though? He didn't kill the man, he gave him a bloody nose. Kobe is fragile with all his broken finger and shit, I am sure he can care less about a broken nose. You guys are making it seem like his master plan was to injure him, fouling him hard doesn't mean he was trying to injure him. Without the bloody nose, this would be no big deal, just a massive overreaction.

Whats the point in arguing though, when someone has their mindset on something, there is no way you can persuade them into thinking differently. The way I see it, after watching Wade play every game of his life in Miami, through tough times and good times, Wade has always been like this, it just took breaking Kobe's nose for people to realize it. If you don't like it, then you should have started hated on him the day he stepped foot on the court.

• Like 1

LMFAO. All of you Heat fans know that if Kobe and Wade switched spots in this situation you guys would be bugging the [expletive] out. If you say that you wouldn't be bugging you are full of shit. Simple as that.

Intentional or not.... it was unnecessary.

Edited by GUƦU
  • Like 4