Derrick Rose is a serious dude

Lol, don't you dare enjoy the all star game dammit!

In all seriousness though, I've never seen a superstar be more of an introvert in my time watching basketball. Even MJ smiled more than this guy.

Edited by Flash

Really though I've seen it brought up before in different places. Some people think he really may have some form of social anxiety. Just listening to his interviews they're all just really awkward and he seems uncomfortable in all of them.

Obviously he's still a great player but its something to wonder I guess.

Tom did not play Rose a lot, elected to go with Deron at the end of the game, and the East lost. Not sure if all was a coincidence but the Bulls are indeed serious about competing.

D-Will balled though he deserved to be out there late in the game. I'm sure Thibs and Rose were on the same page though about minutes.

Rose could have wanted the rest, he is recovering from an injury.

I'm not sure if he suffers from social anxiety, but he could just be a really quiet dude. He doesn't seem like he cares much for the media's BS, he just wants to play ball from what I can tell. Durant is kinda the same way, except he is better at conducting an interview.

D-Will balled though he deserved to be out there late in the game. I'm sure Thibs and Rose were on the same page though about minutes.

Actually when I just looked up the box score he and D-Will both played 18 minutes and Deron had zero turnovers which is interesting based on the amount of ball handling and shots he took.

Rose could have wanted the rest, he is recovering from an injury.

I'm not sure if he suffers from social anxiety, but he could just be a really quiet dude. He doesn't seem like he cares much for the media's BS, he just wants to play ball from what I can tell. Durant is kinda the same way, except he is better at conducting an interview.

Possibly. I've just seen the topic thrown out there so I figured it could be worth mentioning. He just sounds nervous whenever he's interviewed or has to speak publicly.

No..he doesn't. And what exactly is so "awesome" about that lol. The guy looks like he's got a stick up his ass or something. Enjoy the moment guy. Its not the NBA Finals.

There's nothing wrong with being serious on the basketball court. He's a competitor and taking this shit serious, even if its the allstar game. Who are you to judge? Kobe was the same way when he first came into the league, he has lightened up a lot over the last few years.

• Like 1

I think you're confusing being a competitor for social awkwardness.

Well you are one of the select few that haven't watched Rose a whole lot.

Where have Lebron's sideline escapades got him thus far? Similarly where has Dwight's constant smile and outgoing nature got him?

Edited by Simba
  • Like 1

Well you are one of the select few that haven't watched Rose a whole lot.

Where have Lebron's sideline escapades got him thus far? Similarly where has Dwight's constant smile and outgoing nature got him?

What has Rose's "competitive demeanor" gotten him? Ass raped by LeBron the past 2 season in the playoffs?

I think it's just not trying to steal spotlight. During the all star practices he was living it up with all the guys just like everyone else. I don't think he sees himself as a showman and doesn't want to be seen as one. He wants to be seen as a basketball player and that's it. That's why pretty much all his endorsement stuff has had him on the court. I'm sure eventually that will fade a little bit.

• Like 1

lol looks like Rose is standing there thinking "this [expletive]in guy again..." as he look at LeBron it's hilarious to me how Rose never seems to be phased by anything and rarely smiles it's like he's a robot or something lol.

• Like 1

It has gotten him respect, but obviously not from anyone from or rooting for Miami.

How can you not respect Rose? I don't like him as he's the best player on our biggest rival but you have to respect his game. I don't think he should've been MVP last year but obviously you respect his game. He's one of the better players in this league.

Lol I'm sure this is just a Miami fanbase issue. Because I'm sure Laker fans love Rose just as much as Bulls fans do.

Edited by Flash

• Owner

How can you not respect Rose?

I don't know. You tell me.

The guy looks like he's got a stick up his ass or something. Enjoy the moment guy. Its not the NBA Finals.
What has Rose's "competitive demeanor" gotten him? Ass raped by LeBron the past 2 season in the playoffs?

Saying he's got some sort of an issue, being socially awkward or however you put it...that's disrespecting a man that wants to win basketball games.

Lol I'm sure this is just a Miami fanbase issue. Because I'm sure Laker fans love Rose just as much as Bulls fans do.

Lakers fans love Durant and Rose, for the most part. I'm pretty sure I would know this, as I'm running a message board full of them. It has a lot to do with the two players having a killer instinct and being a serious basketball player.

This glimpse of Rose, among the other four, was really one of my favorite parts of All-Star Weekend.

I never said he HAD the problem I'm saying its possible because more people than myself have brought it up. And yeah, he's socially awkward but that doesn't mean he can't play basketball.

The LeBron thing is a fact. LeBron is made out to be some non competitive loser who doesn't care but in reality he destroyed Rose who is supposed to be Mr. Competitor.