The NEW York Mets 2012 Season Thread

fish7718

Former Rutgers teammate? Very cool!

Nah he played for New Brunswick and I played for Newark, but we grew up together.. little league, AAU, high school, etc.. always playing together or against each other. He's a cool dude, still pops in the deli all the time in the offseason, told me a few stories about Votto lol

Nah he played for New Brunswick and I played for Newark, but we grew up together.. little league, AAU, high school, etc.. always playing together or against each other. He's a cool dude, still pops in the deli all the time in the offseason, told me a few stories about Votto lol

Oh haha yeah that's still very cool, although he's an asshole for killing us yesterday <_<

• 2 weeks later...

Interesting...

http://i48.tinypic.com/2cendyt.jpg

http://i49.tinypic.com/1m1b7.jpg

http://i45.tinypic.com/2efm0e8.jpg

Decisions like these are why I don't sit in the big chair, yet ;)

Time to see what you are worth Sandy Alderson

6 games over .500 for the first time since mid 2010, I love this team, mostly home grown talent just getting done...survived long term injuries to both Thole and Tejeda now, we've been beating bad teams so still a playoff birth is still a ways off but I can't help to get more and more excited by the day, if Ike finally starts hitting man..Johan and Dickey have just pitched absolutely lights out, Niese has been great aside from a couple times he got rocked, Gee is a good 4, Hefner needs to step up

Let's go sweep the Phillies again :)

infact if you take out niese's 2 games where he pitched a combined 6 innings and gave up 13, he has a 2.25 era, so if he's pitching good, he's pitching good

Edited by fish7718

That was really awesome to see. Congrats Fish.

Thank you, 2 philly fans showed more love than anyone else so far lol, the Yankees fans I've talked to have just been complete cunts...

Really happy for Mets fans. Funny because I hated Pedro Martinez and was thrilled to see him lose his no-hit bid years ago and keep the Mets' streak going. But last night was brilliant. Especially cool to see it thrown by Santana after his rocky health road.

Edited by #HelloBrooklyn
  • Like 1

How do the Mets do it?

I couldn't have any more incorrect as to how the Mets would be this year. :(

Our offense has potential, Murph was competing for a batting title last year, Ike had one of the best April's of any NL 1B, Duda lead rookies in OPS and had an excellent spring, Wright is Wright, Bay can maybe do something? I like the guys we got in the pen, like an island of misfit toys out there, Francisco who was replaced by Feliz in Texas, Rauch who has bounced around as a back end guy for a while, Ramirez who was a solid piece in SF, Parnell who lit it up this spring and can hit 100. Rotation is probably our strong point, Santana-Dickey-Niese are 3 guys that can return sub 3.5 ERA seasons, well Santana and Dickey have, I think Niese is capable of taking the next step. Dillon Gee looks good. Pelf eh I've about given up on him. Plus we have a few guys in the farm, Harvery Neuwenhuis, Puello, that can come up and fill some key roles if OF's or pitchers struggle. Then theres always Mejia and Wheeler who could break out. Mets can never stay healthy, I don't expect us to compete, but a 70 win season is within reason, we certainly aren't the worst team in baseball.

I doubt we can keep it up through the whole year, however Santana-Dickey-Niese just pitched 24 shutout innings against the best team in the NL, struck out 27 batters in the process...if we can get close to that consistently, we have more than just a shot...

The craziest thing we've done it all without Ike, he's been awful, very disappointing.,..

• 2 weeks later...

Ya I got an e-mail about it, id never buy any of that stuff, not with my current unemployed status..

Wait, you mean to tell me you don't want a $1,500 game-used ball?

Dickster hasn't allowed an earned run since May 22nd since that time he has made 5 starts

in those 5 games

41 2/3 innings

0 earned runs

52 K's

16 hits

6 walks

easily the most dominant pitching I've ever seen in my life, just incredible, I feel so good for Dickey a guy who suffered from sexual abuse from a child, fought with suicidal thoughts as an adult, dropped out the majors, redesigned his game and now, to me, he is the easy front runner for the Cy Young...