Who's More Valuable to His Team: Kobe, LeBron or Durant?

Sħãlïq™

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

• Owner

It's a good question, but let's not say the Lakers would be decent without Kobe. We have the worst bench in the NBA, and our offense has scored 100+ in just five of our 34 games this season. You remove Kobe, and the Lakers are horrible.

This year - Kobe. RD summed it up. Horrible bench, mediocre PG play, the Lakers would be doomed without Kobe. I think They'd be a .500 team at best without Bryant. Bryant still gives them a chance to be one of the West's top teams. They'd be fighting for the last playoff spot without him IMO.

Edited by JYD

It's Kobe.

Think of it this way: Look at all three teams: Heat, Thunder, Lakers. The top 5 players from those three teams are LeBron, Kobe, Durant, Westbrook, and Wade. If LBJ or Durant go down, there's still a guy to be the go-to guy on offense.

Take Kobe off the Lakers....it could get ugly.

• Like 2

The Thunder would be interesting to watch without Durant, though. I wonder just how big Harden would be for them, alongside Westbrook.

I think Harden would step up and score 25 ppg for them. This dude is a serious talent. Just need more basketballs in OKC!!!!

Edited by JYD

• 7 months later...

kobe hands down.

I know you are a Lakers fan and Kobe is your favourite player, but how can you say it is "Kobe hands down" after the additions that the Lakers made over the summer?

Back when this thread was originally made, I whole heartidly agree that the answer was Kobe hands down, but now that they added Howard, Nash and Jamison while only losing Bynum, there is no way that the answer is a definitive Kobe.

I think there is a damn strong argument that a lineup of:

Howard

Gasol

Artest

Meeks

Nash

is better than either:

Bosh

Haslem

Allen

Wade

Chalmers

or

Perkins

Ibaka

Sefolosha

Harden

Westbrook

I'm really curious as to why you think the answer is so easily Kobe.

I know you are a Lakers fan and Kobe is your favourite player, but how can you say it is "Kobe hands down" after the additions that the Lakers made over the summer?

Back when this thread was originally made, I whole heartidly agree that the answer was Kobe hands down, but now that they added Howard, Nash and Jamison while only losing Bynum, there is no way that the answer is a definitive Kobe.

I think there is a damn strong argument that a lineup of:

Howard

Gasol

Artest

Meeks

Nash

is better than either:

Bosh

Haslem

Allen

Wade

Chalmers

or

Perkins

Ibaka

Sefolosha

Harden

Westbrook

I'm really curious as to why you think the answer is so easily Kobe.

i was thinking last year, lol. now, i'd probably say durant.

Now, it's Durant. Wade and Bosh are a better duo than Westbrook and Harden, and the Heat have put together better role players as well (Chalmers, Ray Ray, Battier, Haslem).

im not sure if the bosh/wade combo would really put them over the thunder. plus, westbrook and harden would most likely become just as prolific scoring wise.

• Owner

im not sure if the bosh/wade combo would really put them over the thunder.

It did a few months ago, especially considering the way Harden played in the Finals.

plus, westbrook and harden would most likely become just as prolific scoring wise.

Westbrook and Harden better scorers than Wade and Bosh? That's an all-star, and a borderline all-star...being better than a superstar (still) and an all-star who was nearly a franchise player (back in Toronto). Westbrook will never, ever be as good as Wade, anyway, offensively or defensively, and Bosh was a primary scoring option on a Raptors team that he led to the playoffs, while Harden is still a third wheel on the Thunder.

It did a few months ago, especially considering the way Harden played in the Finals.

Westbrook and Harden better scorers than Wade and Bosh? That's an all-star, and a borderline all-star...being better than a superstar (still) and an all-star who was nearly a franchise player (back in Toronto). Westbrook will never, ever be as good as Wade, anyway, offensively or defensively, and Bosh was a primary scoring option on a Raptors team that he led to the playoffs, while Harden is still a third wheel on the Thunder.

i didn't say they were better scorers at this point. im saying no durant means more offensive load for westbrook and harden. they don't have to be better individually to be better as a combo. there were games when westbrook and harden did carry the offensive load for the thunder with durant sidelined. and westbrook was impressive in doing so( being the #1 option). and no, just no. chris bosh is far from a franchise player.

Edited by Paris

• Owner

i didn't say they were better scorers at this point. im saying no durant means more offensive load for westbrook and harden. they don't have to be better individually to be better as a combo. there were games when westbrook and harden did carry the offensive load for the thunder with durant sidelined. and westbrook was impressive in doing so( being the #1 option). and no, just no. chris bosh is far from a franchise player.

Durant sidelined? He has missed four games in three years. Any all-star player can hold down the fort as a #1 option for a limited amount of games.

The difference is, both Wade AND Bosh did it for more than four games. More than one season. They did it for seven years.

I didn't say Bosh is a franchise player, but when he was in Toronto, he was much closer to one than Westbrook, and definitely Harden, and he proved it by leading them into the playoffs after a 47-win season in which he averaged 23 PPG and 11 RPG. He also racked up a 24/11 season, and there are only three active players that have done that (that I can think of), and that's Duncan, Garnett and Love. Most everyone else (Barkley, Shaq, Olajuwon, Ewing, Malone, Robinson, and Webber...the only guys to accomplish it since the mid-80's) are basketball greats and franchise players...most superstars.

Wade and Bosh are the better individual players, and their championship (and the fact that they beat OKC) helps me indicate that they are the better duo as well, and if history needed to explain its side, you have two guys who have spent seven years each leading their teams as the #1 option, while Westbrook and Harden have yet to come close to that.

• Owner

exactly, we don't know for sure because westbrook and harden never got the chance to prove it.

Neither has Klay Thompson and Brandon Rush, but I'm not going to sit here and say they are more valuable.

I read that you believe Westbrook is the best player on the Thunder. That alone tells me you may believe he's better than Dwyane Wade, or close, and he's not.

Just so you know, Durant isn't only the better offensive player (vs. Westbrook), he's actually the better defender. Last season, his Defensive Rating, his Allowed PER, AND his Allowed FG% were all better than Westbrook's...by far. This is all considering the fact that Westbrook defends PG's, and PG's tend to shoot a lower percentage from the floor than SF's.

Maybe someday, Westbrook and Harden will be a better duo than Wade and Bosh in their primes, but I'll be shocked. As of how they play right now, at their age, the Wade/Bosh duo is superior due to nearly every reason in the book.

Neither has Klay Thompson and Brandon Rush, but I'm not going to sit here and say they are more valuable.

I read that you believe Westbrook is the best player on the Thunder. That alone tells me you may believe he's better than Dwyane Wade, or close, and he's not.

Just so you know, Durant isn't only the better offensive player (vs. Westbrook), he's actually the better defender. Last season, his Defensive Rating, his Allowed PER, AND his Allowed FG% were all better than Westbrook's...by far. This is all considering the fact that Westbrook defends PG's, and PG's tend to shoot a lower percentage from the floor than SF's.

Maybe someday, Westbrook and Harden will be a better duo than Wade and Bosh in their primes, but I'll be shocked. As of how they play right now, at their age, the Wade/Bosh duo is superior due to nearly every reason in the book.

i agree. i just think westbrook has a high ceiling,like you said they could be 1 day

• 3 months later...

I went with Durant. He's what makes that team elite. Without him you have to rely on Shitbrick and Kevin Martin. At least with the Heat and Lakers you have guys that have proven that they can carry a team (Howard and Wade).

Edited by Finch23

• Owner

I could argue Kobe right now. Maybe not in September or October, but today? These Lakers are incredibly bad, and with Kobe scoring 30 and doing nearly everything on offense + guarding the best players on defense? This team would be laughable without him.

Westbrick, Ibaka, Martin, Thabo, Perkins, Collison...they have been a team for quite some time (aside from Martin being a part of it), and who knows how well Perry Jones would do playing decent minutes. Martin and Thabo could start together. It would be interesting.

• Like 1

I could argue Kobe right now. Maybe not in September or October, but today? These Lakers are incredibly bad, and with Kobe scoring 30 and doing nearly everything on offense + guarding the best players on defense? This team would be laughable without him.Westbrick, Ibaka, Martin, Thabo, Perkins, Collison...they have been a team for quite some time (aside from Martin being a part of it), and who knows how well Perry Jones would do playing decent minutes. Martin and Thabo could start together. It would be interesting.

No offense bro, but your team is laughable with Kobe on it now :lol: