Clipper Darrell...can no longer be Clipper Darrell?

Probably so.

Shaliq has never been to a Clipper game. That needs to happen, someday.

I had a pretty good chance during the 2006-'07(?) preseason when the Clippers played CSKA Moscow in Russia. It was still too far for me though, besides I hate Russia.

On the other hand, there's a direct 5-hour flight from where I'm living to Miami. So a LAC @ MIA game could be my best bet. :dribble:

• Owner

Clipper Darrell is sure as hell no innocent victim here. He would lose any case in court without a shadow of a doubt.

One instance where I couldn't care less what the law thinks. Darrell is a walking advertisement for the Clippers, every single day. Now that they have players to stick in their ads and commercials (CP3 and Griffin), they have tossed him aside. For YEARS, they were basically using him to advertise a team that few cared about...even to the point where they actually DID stick him in ads.

So, yeah...he makes money going to birthday parties as Clipper Darrell. Don't care. Technically, all he really has to do is strip his "gear" of the Clippers logo, and then he can do whatever the hell he pleases.

• 2 weeks later...

Clipper Darrell: The Real Story

HANG TIME HEADQUARTERS – Much was made about the forced divorce between my main man Darrell Bailey (the artist formerly known as Clipper Darrell) and the NBA team that asked him to stop using the moniker.

But what was the real story behind the breakup?

Our friends from the Bleacher Report provide a behind-the-scenes look:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=3Pi4DSSHu_o

Source

• 2 weeks later...

'Clipper Darrell' back in action:

L.A. -- The Los Angeles Clippers' six-game homestand last week ended with a 3-3 record, and further highlighted the inconsistency of a team that is now 11-11 since losing Chauncey Billups for the season last month. Perhaps the only thing consistent for the Clippers at Staples Center has been the presence of longtime season ticket holder Darrell Bailey, who returned to his familiar role as "Clipper Darrell" and attended every game of the homestand in his custom-made, half-red and half-blue suit.

http://a.espncdn.com/photo/2012/0229/nba_g_clipper-darrell_mb_600.jpg

'Clipper Darrell' works out differences with team

Bailey never actually missed any home games but during the Clippers' six-game road trip at the beginning of March he created a media firestorm when he said the Clippers asked him to refrain from using the "Clipper Darrell". The two sides came to an agreement before the Clippers returned home after their road trip and Bailey was back in his usual seat in Section 107 on March 11 when the Clippers played the Golden State Warriors.

The agreement was more of a clarification than anything else. The Clippers wanted to be notified of appearances Bailey was making under the "Clipper Darrell" name and also wanted Bailey to be careful of possible endorsement deals he was considering accepting as "Clipper Darrell."

Full Story

• Like 2