Houston trying to land Pau Gasol today

Eric Pincus @EricPincus

I have - in addition to a number of others reporting same - word from Rockets that they don't have deal in place for Gasol

From Eric Pincus' twitter

RT @PatrickHarrel: One Rockets front office guy I know: "If Gasol's been traded, it isn't to us. At least not yet."

Pau is more valuable to LA than any other team I think. It would be interesting to see what sort of deal they would swing.

You would think LA would want another big back, along with either a point guard or a wing/small forward. What is curious for me is who the key piece would be: a big, or a wing? In other words, I imagine the deal is either surrounding Kevin Martin or Luis Scola (which wouldn't make much sense to me for either team, but who else is there?). Maybe LA likes Dragic, but I don't see him as a guy you deal Pau for (obviously there'd be more on Houston's end, but still), especially since they could probably nab him in the summer for the MLE or a part of it.

What would LA/HOU fans think about Martin+Dalembert for Pau? Maybe Houston sweetens it with a protected first or Terrence/Patterson/Hill/Dragic. I actually think Martin would be a really nice fit in LA (and I am a huge Martin hater), and you could get away with him at the 3 (or Kobe there) if you get another competent defensive big to go along with Bynum. I think that is a nice deal that could make both teams better.

I haven't heard any rumblings about potential deals so I am just spitballing this all out on my own, haven't really been paying much attention to the Pau situation because I didn't really think he would go, but Houston might be a better trading partner than I originally had thought.

Edited by Check my Stats

Talks between the Lakers and Rockets about revisiting a trade for Pau Gasol continued Friday, but multiple people involved in the process told CBSSports.com that a deal had not yet been consummated.

The Rockets, who also are exploring scenarios that would bring Dwight Howard to Houston on the hope that he could be persuaded to stay beyond this season, have been assertive in their pursuit of Gasol. Houston's acquisition of the 7-foot Spaniard was voided in December when commissioner David Stern, acting as the owner of the New Orleans Hornets, canceled the three-team trade that would've sent Chris Paul to the Lakers.

Multiple team executives contacted Friday described a slow, feeling-out process that likely would gain steam next week after GMs are finished scouting conference tournaments.

http://www.cbssports.com/nba/blog/ken-berger/17689932/trade-deadline-update

• Owner

Gasol isn't going to be dealt without us getting a PG back. That has been the general idea since the CP3 trade was nixed, and even during the playoffs last season, when we were all pissed off at Pau for how he played.

Dragic isn't that PG. At least, I hope he's not. I would think the Lakers FO knows better.

If Lowry isn't coming to LA, I don't see why a trade would be made between the Lakers and Rockets.

Dragic > Lakers PG's. Get him and add depth to that roster that desperately needs it.

Just cause he's better then what Lakers currently have doesn't mean you do that deal that is [expletive]ing stupid. If we don't get Lowry then LAL better back out.

Just cause he's better then what Lakers currently have doesn't mean you do that deal that is [expletive]ing stupid. If we don't get Lowry then LAL better back out.

Guess you missed the part where I said get more players along with Dragic to add depth to that roster.Reading comprehension...try it.

Edited by Flash

Guess you missed the part where I said get more players along with Dragic to add depth to that roster.Reading comprehension...try it.

I really don't give care if your alluding to a Dragic, Martin, Scola package for Gasol. Who the hell is gonna play out 3 spot. Kevin Martin will absolutely get shredded at that spot. I rather have that Lowry, Scola package all day if Houston gives in and offers that up for Pau.

I really don't give care if your alluding to a Dragic, Martin, Scola package for Gasol. Who the hell is gonna play out 3 spot. Kevin Martin will absolutely get shredded at that spot. I rather have that Lowry, Scola package all day if Houston gives in and offers that up for Pau.

LOL Scola and Lowry for gasol. Can you ship me that stuff you're smoking because it must be dank.