2012 New York Giants

OL, LB, CB, S, TE (in that order) are most pressing needs.

I think you have to throw RB somewhere in that list. I will not put up with being last place in rushing again. Now, of course OL has a lot to do with that, but for us to be able to have a chance at going as far as we did last year, we are going to have to improve the running game. Especially with BJ gone. I still don't see CB as too much of a concern either, but some depth at the position wouldn't hurt.

I think you have to throw RB somewhere in that list. I will not put up with being last place in rushing again. Now, of course OL has a lot to do with that, but for us to be able to have a chance at going as far as we did last year, we are going to have to improve the running game. Especially with BJ gone. I still don't see CB as too much of a concern either, but some depth at the position wouldn't hurt.

RB is of no concern to me to be honest. They'll plug the holes. DaRel Scott also has a lot of talent, don't count him out...

OL has to get younger, that will help the run game a lot. You can find a solid RB in F.A. and/or later in draft. Look at Jacobs/Bradshaw (found in the 4th/7th round)..

I would never draft a RB in the first or second round, generally.... The position is too risky injury wise and guys mostly don't make it past 30. I rather have a young 1-2-3 year in the league guy that I can find in F.A. or a rookie in the draft. So many talented guys out there waiting for the right opportunity.

RB is of no concern to me to be honest. They'll plug the holes. DaRel Scott also has a lot of talent, don't count him out...

OL has to get younger, that will help the run game a lot. You can find a solid RB in F.A. and/or later in draft. Look at Jacobs/Bradshaw (found in the 4th/7th round)..

I would never draft a RB in the first or second round, generally.... The position is too risky injury wise and guys mostly don't make it past 30. I rather have a young 1-2-3 year in the league guy that I can find in F.A. or a rookie in the draft. So many talented guys out there waiting for the right opportunity.

I agree with you on Scott. I loved him in the preseason. Hopefully the team gives him a lot more touches this year, because i don't remember him having any at all all season. He was a 7th round pick too, so you've got a point there. I still think you've got to put RB as a position of need. Just not needed enough to use a high draft pick on a guy. The only guy this year i'd use a first rounder on is probably Richardson.

Yeah I'm sure they'll take a guy between rounds 4-7 but my point was you need to go after those four or five positions before you consider a RB. If you get younger at OL it won't matter who is playing RB.

Yeah I'm sure they'll take a guy between rounds 4-7 but my point was you need to go after those four or five positions before you consider a RB. If you get younger at OL it won't matter who is playing RB.

Oh for sure we need to get younger at OL. Guys like Kareem Mackenzie are getting too old for this. Chris Snee is our only really good OL right now.

Oh for sure we need to get younger at OL. Guys like Kareem Mackenzie are getting too old for this. Chris Snee is our only really good OL right now.

McKenzie got cut I think. Dielh is pretty good too, Baas came around towards the end when he finally got healthy.

Giants will be good against next year (barring injuries). They really were better than a 9-7 team they just hit a rough patch, and then turned it around obviously the last month of the season.

I expect a 10-6, 11-5 year next year. Don't see a repeat, but I think they'll be a fun team to watch. Interested to see how the draft and go about F.A.

McKenzie got cut I think. Dielh is pretty good too, Baas came around towards the end when he finally got healthy.

Giants will be good against next year (barring injuries). They really were better than a 9-7 team they just hit a rough patch, and then turned it around obviously the last month of the season.

I expect a 10-6, 11-5 year next year. Don't see a repeat, but I think they'll be a fun team to watch. Interested to see how the draft and go about F.A.

Baas is ok. Probably the ugliest human being i've ever seen too lol. Diehl isn;t much better than average imo.

I'm excited to see how and what they do in the draft and especially FA. Last year i can remember complaining unbelievably about how they didn't do anything and they're screwed. I was obviously wrong about that lol. but with losing guys like Manningham and most likely Thomas, i really hope they can sigh some difference makers and not just sit back and do nothing.

I've been torn over this. Take a HB round 1, it seems like overkill, as they'll have to split carries with an established Bradshaw who has a long contract. I'd absolutely want one, though, considering Bradshaw's injury history. I like Danny Ware (a lot), but he's been very concussion prone so far. Scary twosome, and Da'Rel is still very, very raw.

They definitely need a TE, as Ballard and Beckum will be out deep into the season.. but I'm not sure how big the TE value is at the end of the 1st. Schefter tweeted earlier today that the Raiders are going to be cutting Kevin Boss, should we try and bring him back in?

I'd be all for drafting a MLB, if the right guy is there at the end of the 1st.. but then again, I'd be just as happy re-signing Goff and rolling with Kiwanuka and Boley at the outside spots. That's a pretty solid threesome. Bring back Blackburn as a mentor/backup.. anyone notice how well the defense started playing last season after they brought him in to start and he began calling the games? He had an unquestionable affect on the team/communication.

I guess I'd take the best HB/TE available at our spot and address the other in the 2nd round.

O-Line should be ok.. Beatty will be back at LT, you have Diehl at LG, Baas at C, Snee at RG.. my only big question mark is RT. But.. there are several options there. You can move Diehl out there and plug Petrus in at LG, and likely not miss a beat. You can also train James Brewer (hugeeee dude.. 6'6 323) in at RT this year and get him ready to play there long term. Either way, I don't think OL is a spot you address in round 1 unless an absolute can't-miss guy falls to you.

I was on my way to post it here too haha. I saw it first on his facebook:

Terrell Thomas

It's a GREAT day to be a NEW YORK GIANT!

Unlike · · @TerrellThomas24 on Twitt · about an hour ago

Technically, Giants cornerback Terrell Thomas has signed a four-year $28 million deal with the Giants. Per a league source, however, it’s a one-year contract worth $2 million, with the remaining $26 million hinging on whether he plays well enough in 2012 to justify the team picking up the option.

It’s a common tactic used for players who are coming back from serious injury. Indeed, the contract signed by Drew Brees six years ago in New Orleans contained the same kind of provision, forcing Brees to prove that his shoulder had healed before unlocking much bigger money.

In Thomas’ case, he tore an ACL in the 2011 preseason — the second time in the same knee.

And as to the $11 million in guaranteed money that Thomas is due to earn? It’s actually an $11 million option bonus, non-guaranteed.

Bennett would be a great pick up. Under utilzied in Dallas and an incredible talent. He had some good games against us. Nice to have a good athlete at TE with the uncertainty of Beckum/Ballard.

No way I'd take a HB rd 1 unless it was like a can't miss guy in the top 10 like an AP28 or someone of that caliber. I mean, look at Reggie Bush...it can definitely be a big risk.

Bennett would be a great pick up. Under utilzied in Dallas and an incredible talent. He had some good games against us. Nice to have a good athlete at TE with the uncertainty of Beckum/Ballard.

STOP

Under utilized? Probably because every time we drew up a play for him he'd mess it up somehow, and every time he was on the field to block he'd get called for holding. He is by no means "an incredible talent". He's a tall average TE. Not even that good of an athlete.

STOP

Under utilized? Probably because every time we drew up a play for him he'd mess it up somehow, and every time he was on the field to block he'd get called for holding. He is by no means "an incredible talent". He's a tall average TE. Not even that good of an athlete.

I don't agree that he's not that good of an athlete, but the rest is pretty spot on. He needs to get it together.