2012 New York Giants

Beckum and Ballard are both out deep into the season (and will probably just be IR'd), so I'm sure we aren't done with Marty B. I can see us chasing a Boss or Dallas Clark as well.

Shit I thought Beckum would be back by the start of the season. We'll probably either sign Boss/Clark or draft a TE in the mid rounds or something. Or both, but if we did that than either Beckum Or Ballard would have to be cut or something. Not enough room for 5 TE's.

Nah he had his surgery the third week of Feb, I think that puts him into November before he'd be able to play.. if we get another guy in FA, I doubt we'll draft one.. the coaches love the kid Hopkins from the practice squad

STOP

Under utilized? Probably because every time we drew up a play for him he'd mess it up somehow, and every time he was on the field to block he'd get called for holding. He is by no means "an incredible talent". He's a tall average TE. Not even that good of an athlete.

Lol Ok. Bennett is a good player, underrated. Sorry Dallas has an incompetent coaching staff...

Lol Ok. Bennett is a good player, underrated. Sorry Dallas has an incompetent coaching staff...

Haha sure bud, incompetent or not, he got his chances and blew them constantly. It was clear to everyone that 3rd String TE John Phillips, before AND EVEN AFTER the ACL tear, is a better TE. Just because you've seen Bennett make a few good plays you think he's a good TE? Are you really going to argue with the Cowboys fan that has watched every game he's played since he entered the league? Whatever...

This will probably be my final memory of Marty B, who was one of my favorites back when we drafted him, play sort of describes his career lol

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VSydP_7XEe8

Well, my point was he is what the Giants needed. a better athlete at TE (compared to ballard) who should get open with the best WR duo in the league in Nicks & Cruz.

Well, my point was he is what the Giants needed. a better athlete at TE (compared to ballard) who should get open with the best WR duo in the league in Nicks & Cruz.

Sorry, you called him incredible talent, caught me off guard.

• 3 weeks later...

Kind of old news, but Andre Brown got suspended for the first 4 games of the season. This leaves us with Bradshaw, Ware and Scott at RB to start the season. I guess we already knew the Giants would be going for a RB, but this makes the position an even bigger need.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/7756942/new-york-giants-backup-rb-andre-brown-suspended-four-games

• 2 weeks later...