2012 New York Giants

http://espn.go.com/new-york/nfl/story/_/id/8282811/new-york-giants-coach-tom-coughlin-steamed-tub-prank-players

New York Giants coach Tom Coughlin said he will look into an Internet video in which defensive end Jason Pierre-Paul dumps Prince Amukamara into an ice tub in what appeared to be a prank played on the cornerback.

The video, which was tweeted by punter Steve Weatherford and contains harsh language, shows several Giants players following Pierre-Paul, who carried Amukamara on his shoulder to the area where players ice down in tubs.

Pierre-Paul then throws Amukamara head-first into the tub, which appeared to be made of plastic or rubber. Amukamara, who didn't put up a struggle while on Pierre-Paul's shoulder, appears upset after emerging from the tub. Pierre-Paul then curses and uses insensitive language before high-fiving a teammate as he makes it sound as if he was putting Amukamara in his place with the hijinks.

Coughlin did not sound thrilled to learn of the video.

"I'm learning about that today," Coughlin said in a conference call with reporters Sunday afternoon. "I really didn't have any information about that until maybe an hour before this conference call. I am going to look into it and talk to the parties involved.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcr-MIfmsO4

Not sure what to think of this. When I first heard about it, without watching the video I assumed it was just a little joke. Watching the video, it looks like Prince was pretty upset about it. If this kind of shit is going on all the time with Prince I hope Coughlin steps in, because we can't afford to have Prince not have his head in the game and not have a good relationship with the team.

Everyone has to be kidding me right, it's guys on a football team [expletive]ing around. Wow. It's not like he was trying to drown him or something and Prince got up and tried to fight. They were all [expletive]ing around after the game.

This has gotten so blown out of proportion it's sickening.

Watched most of the first half tonight. Team looked pretty sharp, man. Wilson was very very impressive...my first time seeing him. Eli looked pretty solid. Defense looked pretty good too. Amukamura is definitely needed at CB right now...

Looking forward to Sept 5th

Danny Ware ‏@DannyWare28

5 great years and 2 SB rings its been fun #NYG. Time is done here -

Danny Ware ‏@DannyWare28

THANK U 2 my fans ur well wishes r overwhelming will miss u all an my team Im not done I will b playing in NFL going BIG! just not here

Not really dissapointed about Jones. I'll miss DJ as the #3 back but I think Darell Scott can take over that role soon. I wonder if Andre Brown made the team too?

Here's the list that ESPN has so far as the Giants unofficial cut day list: http://espn.go.com/blog/new-york/giants/post/_/id/16542/the-unofficial-giants-cut-day-list

Sounds like Ojomo will be joining the team which I'm happy about.

Not really dissapointed about Jones. I'll miss DJ as the #3 back but I think Darell Scott can take over that role soon. I wonder if Andre Brown made the team too?

If anything, I'd think Brown is the 3DB over Scott. 99% sure he made the team, 4 HBs is pretty much a given.

Sounds like Ojomo will be joining the team which I'm happy about.

He did, it was confirmed earlier.

If anything, I'd think Brown is the 3DB over Scott. 99% sure he made the team, 4 HBs is pretty much a given.

Yeah probably. He's got more experience and is a power back which we don't really have any of now that Jacobs is gone. I just have a man crush on Scott and I hope they give him some more snaps this year.

is that a joke? I can't find it anywhere

lolwut

http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2012/08/giants_place_terrell_thomas_sh.html

Terrell Thomas wrote on his blog late last week his goal was to play in the regular-season opener this Wednesday. It seemed unrealistically optimistic and perhaps a bit of a preemptive public-relations strike.

If so, it didn’t work.

Thomas was placed on injured reserve — and not the new temporary kind — as the Giants pared their roster to 53 players tonight.

The move means the former projected starting cornerback’s season is over, at least with the Giants, as the aggravation of his surgically repaired anterior cruciate ligament early in training camp proved to be too much for his return to the field this year, in the Giants’ estimation.

Had the team waited until Tuesday to put him on IR, Thomas would have been eligible to return in eight weeks, per a rule change made this week.