Brandon Marshall traded to Bears

htownborn

I don't have a source right now but I just saw it on NFL Live. He was traded for 2 third round picks to Chicago. It's crazy him and Jay Cutler back on the same team and they could possibly sign Mario.

Edited by htownborn

Good move for both teams imho, no doubt Miami clearing cap space for free agency, they don't need Brandon Marshall, I laugh at how incredibly over rated he is. 2 3rd round picks is solid value in return. Bears finally get a solid #1 WR option, they can make some noise if that defense has 1 more year in it.

We pretty much just gave him away....its like we wanted him to go to the Bears to go have fun with Cutler. I am seriously hoping we have something big coming up, because we traded him for basically two scrubs we will draft that will probably be on special teams.

We pretty much just gave him away....its like we wanted him to go to the Bears to go have fun with Cutler. I am seriously hoping we have something big coming up, because we traded him for basically two scrubs we will draft that will probably be on special teams.

FWIW - Brandon Marshall was a 4th round draft pick himself, calling 3rd rounders scrubs is pretty silly

Also the Dolphins gave up 2 2nd rounders for Marshall 2 years ago, if you think about the wear and tear the NFL puts on a player over 2 years, I'd say you got fair value

Edited by fish7718

We are the Miami Dolphins, we are incapable of drafting a good player in later rounds. John Jerry and Patrick Turner have been our last two third round picks. Tell me who they are.

We are going for Eric Winston though, so hopefully we get him to improve the O-line.

Edited by SRV

Good move for both teams imho, no doubt Miami clearing cap space for free agency, they don't need Brandon Marshall, I laugh at how incredibly over rated he is. 2 3rd round picks is solid value in return. Bears finally get a solid #1 WR option, they can make some noise if that defense has 1 more year in it.

How is 80+ catches and 1200+ yards with 6 Tds overrated? And I'm not even touching on his QB situation yet. Lol

How is 80+ catches and 1200+ yards with 6 Tds overrated? And I'm not even touching on his QB situation yet. Lol

When he is a distraction in the locker room, gets dumb penalties, and drops the ball a lot more than a #1 WR should, that's how you can look at those numbers and easily over rate him.

Note in this thread I called him a solid #1 WR, anything above that is over rating him to me.

Edited by fish7718

Roddy White led the NFL in drops this year.. actually, three of the top four in drops this year were Roddy, Bowe, and Marshall.. didn't realize it actually.

Yeah I know that, only difference between Roddy and Marshall is that was very uncharacteristic for Roddy, Marshall's drop problem has been well noted since his Bronco days. Bowe I can't speak for, can't say I've followed him much.

I'm guessing this means Reggie Wayne is headed back to Miami.

Nope.

Colts surprisingly ink Wayne to 3-year deal

Colts signed WR Reggie Wayne to a three-year, $17.5 million contract.

According to NFL.com's Jason La Canfora, the deal is worth a "max" of $17.5 million. It's perhaps the most shocking news of the day after Wayne appeared checked out of Indy for months. He had been generating surprisingly little public interest, however, and insisted Tuesday his future was not tied to that of his former quarterback Peyton Manning. A continual grouser about his contract in recent years, Wayne might be being overpaid for his twilight seasons, but it's likely worth it for a franchise that's jettisoned nearly all of its familiar faces in recent weeks. Presumed No. 1 pick Andrew Luck will now have at least one person to throw to in 2012.

Adam Schefter on Twitter

My ideal free agency right now would be

Flynn, Winston, Reggie Nelson, someone else. I doubt we can afford all of that, but two out of three would be nice, and one must be Flynn.

We suck at life though so we will end up with nothing. We have about 16 mil in cap space so landing two good FA is possible.