2012 Philadelphia Eagles

Phightins

Also, Juan Castillo fired today. Sucks, because from everything I have heard, he was doing a great job. The emergence of the defense has been my favorite part of the season (the only thing to enjoy this season?). After the Detroit collapse, he became an easy scapegoat I guess. Desperation time for Andy since I am sure he realizes he is next.

Edited by Phightins

He's far from untouchable now. Lurie made that pretty clear before the season.

Hell..I wouldn't be surprised if one of the reasons Andy did this is because he knows that seat is getting hot.

• 2 weeks later...

Has anybody ever seen a more incompetent professional athlete than Demetress Bell last night? This is a serious question. I have never seen a professional athlete have as bad a game as he had last night, I don't think. That was so embarrassingly awful. I feel kind of bad for the guy, but then I remembered he is making over $3 million this season. Ridiculous.

Thank goodness I only had to watch one half of that nonsense.

Edited by Phightins

Eskin raises possibility of Jon Gruden coaching Eagles in 2013

The Philadelphia Eagles will need a new head coach if Andy Reid gets fired after this season. According to Philadelphia radio personality Howard Eskin, former Tampa Bay Buccaneers coach Jon Gruden might be interested if the job opens up. If he is, it would be a notable homecoming for the former Eagles assistant and former rival head coach.

Eskin tweeted on Nov. 8 that sources tell him Gruden “wants to coach again” after spending the last four years as a Monday Night Football analyst. Before then, the Eagles knew him well as their offensive coordinator from 1995 to 1997, and as head coach of the Buccaneers from 2002 to 2008.

Yet Gruden is best known in Philadelphia for giving the Eagles one of their most infamous losses. In 2003, he led Tampa Bay to an upset win at Philadelphia in the NFC championship game, which was the second of three straight NFC title game losses for the Eagles. The win propelled Gruden and the Bucs to win the Super Bowl two weeks later, yet he never came close to another championship in Tampa Bay.

http://www.examiner.com/article/eskin-raises-possibility-of-jon-gruden-coaching-eagles-2013

Ray Didinger made a really good point on Post Game Live yesterday. No point to playing Vick anymore, even if he is healthy. Wins are meaningless at this point, since we'd need to run the table to have a realistic shot at the playoffs, and obviously that is not happening. Most important thing the team can do now is see what they have in Foles. If he shows them nothing in the last 7 games, then a QB will need to be drafted, most likely in the first round.

I'm kinda just whatever about the team at this point of the season. Just tank and go O-Line/Saftey/CB in the first few rounds of the draft.

Man I miss Peters and Kelce.

That is my ideal situation too, but if Foles doesn't show them anything, I think they'll have to pick a QB really early, probably first.

None of the QBs in the upcoming draft intrigue me tbh. I don't trust USC QBs so no to Barkley.

Maybe Geno

I am a big Barkley fan, but it's all a crapshoot anyway. Hopefully we don't need to take a QB, but with the way Foles has looked, we may have to.

Also, good riddance to Jason Babin. Very curious timing. I am not sure there is a less likable athlete in Philadelphia on this side of Spencer Hawes, so there's that. Also it will be nice to see more of Vinny Curry in these last few games. And from what I have read, the Eagles don't owe Babin another dime, even if he isn't claimed by another team.

Edited by Phightins

• 3 weeks later...