Howard Picks up 2012/13 Option, Staying with Magic

This whole story just makes dwight seem like a 2-faced coward. Wants to opt in when in front of teammates, but then doesn't? Stop being a bitch and decide what you want.

Pretty much.

In his determination to have everybody like him, he has likely pissed off a vast majority of people in the NBA or fans of the NBA.

The shit he pulled is way worse than anything LeBron, Bosh or Melo did.

• Owner

Does he even talk to the media after this current game?

I'm sure he will, regardless.

"I would have liked to stay in Orlando, but unfortunately, it's a business, and things aren't always perfect. I love the fans and the organization, and I'm grateful for all of my years there, but it's time for me to focus on the future."

OR

"I'm happy to be staying in Orlando. It's what I wanted from the start, and it's time to focus on the future here, for me to lead the team to a championship."

Your generic message, whatever the situation, lol.

Alex Kennedy ‏ @AlexKennedyNBA

WOW. RT @MisterRudolph In an exclusive interview, Dwight Howard has confirmed to me that he will in opt-in and stay in ORL for another year.

Source close to Dwight Howard says the center plans to sign ETO waiver on Thursday morning. It also sounds like Howard may fire Dan Fegan.

This is crazy. RT @RealGM Dwight Howard Confirms He'll Sign Opt-In -- http://tinyurl.com/83myjn6

Jarrod N Rudolph ‏ @MisterRudolph

Howard was very apologetic for the "circus" he's put Magic fans through.

ARTICLE . 03.15.2012. REALGM . DWIGHT HOWARD ADMITS MISTAKES, PLANS TO OPT IN

• "Man, listen, you know my heart, my soul and everything I have is in Orlando," Howard told RealGM. "I just can't leave it behind." Jarrod Rudolph . RealGM Columnist
  • "I have gotten some bad advice," Howard said. "I apologize for this circus I have caused to the fans of our city. They didn't deserve none of this. I'm sorry from the bottom of my heart. I will do whatever I can to make this right and do what I was put in Orlando to do." Jarrod Rudolph . RealGM Columnist
  • "This has been a very hard time," Howard said. "For me, my family and all of us. The fans deserve a better hero and I will make that happen. I love and appreciate my fans and this city." Jarrod Rudolph . RealGM Columnist

This whole situation is absolutely hilarious, and making it even more hilarious is the fact that REALGM broke the story of him finally deciding to opt in, could this shit get any more crazy?

I think the way things are now is that Dwight opts in, Orlando has this deadline to get pieces around him, and the off-season (draft time, fa etc).. if they don't Dwight tells them he is leaving at the end of next year... this gives them almost a full year to put a competent cast around him, which I think is fair, as well as impossible because Otis Smith is retarded (sorry if anyone is offended by this term but it just seems too appropriate for me).

Merged the two threads.

This whole situation is absolutely hilarious, and making it even more hilarious is the fact that REALGM broke the story of him finally deciding to opt in, could this shit get any more crazy?

Yeah, I got a nice chuckle out of that last night.

Although it isn't too surprising since Rudolph is supposedly really close to Dwight and part of his "inner circle". It is still funny that it was a RealGM columnist who broke the story, though.

Also, he hasn't signed anything yet but is expected to in about an hour/hour and a half. So who knows, he may change his mind again. I'm not going to believe anything until he officially signs the ETO waiver.

But after the Magic’s plane landed back in Orlando early Thursday, Howard had again changed his mind and decided he wanted to opt in. The team, according to sources, told him to sleep on his decision, consult Fegan and then tell the team what he wanted to do Thursday. As of 9 a.m., the Magic had yet to receive the signed “opt in” document, but anticipated it would. But Orlando is continuing to have trade discussions with teams in advance of Thursday’s 3 p.m. Eastern deadline in case Howard, again, has a change of heart.

This incredible odyssey has worn out not only the Magic, but teams around the league who have had to wait on potential deals because so many teams still have hopes of acquiring Howard.

“Good thing he didn’t go to college,” a team official texted about Howard Thursday morning. “He would have never been able to pick a school.”

http://hangtime.blogs.nba.com/2012/03/15/magic-waiting-on-dwights-signature/

It looks like Skip Bayless could be right all along that he was going to stay.

But, there's been so much back and forth, so who knows.

If he ends up staying, I'd be happy no matter what even though he's changed his mind so much.

Chris Broussard ‏ @Chris_Broussard

Dwight Howard just texted me that he has signed the waiver of his Early Termination Option

Wow.

Edited by Dash

It's easy to discard his press conference because it really could be that he stays just one more year.

But some of the things he said really got me. His comments are what I always expected to hear from LeBron during his final year in Cleveland.

I gained a lot of respect for Dwight; he openly apologized to fans for how he's went back and forth, and stated his understanding for why they could be "salty" towards his indecisiveness. I respect a pro-athlete, more specifically a star, being that truthful and going the extra mile to clear everything up.

I feel this could ignite that locker room and city, specifically this season.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

• 1 month later...