Lakers acquire Sessions, Eyenga for Walton, Kapono, 1st Round Pick

Dash

Nothing big but the Cavaliers also can swap the Lakers-Heat picks.

@WindhorstESPN: Correction from earlier: In Lakers-Cavs trade, it is Cavs who have right to swap Heat pick they own with Lakers pick in 2013.

Despite the Lakers acquiring Ramon Sessions I think trading Derek Fisher was a dumb move; the chemistry that Fisher and Kobe Bryant has is not coach-able. No one even knows if Session's will even work out playing a long side Bryant.

Fisher wasn't working out playing with Kobe. That's why Blake has been getting more and more minutes.

The truth is Fisher has been more of a liability for the Lakers than a help this year. He's an undersized SG starting at PG, which is fine except Fish has no point guard skills.

Mike Brown and co. didn't have the balls to permantely bench him so trading him was the only way LA was getting rid of him.

I think the Fisher deal was stupid but for a different reason. No way should LA have traded a 1st round pick in a potentially deep draft for Jordan Hill who, IMO, isn't even that good and is going to be a FA at the end of the year.

LA needs to start valuing 1st rounders rather than hoping to keep getting lucky with 2nd round picks. First round picks are good ways for a team like LA to get young, cheap talent even if they need to be developed for a year or two.

Fisher wasn't working out playing with Kobe. That's why Blake has been getting more and more minutes.

The truth is Fisher has been more of a liability for the Lakers than a help this year. He's an undersized SG starting at PG, which is fine except Fish has no point guard skills.

Mike Brown and co. didn't have the balls to permantely bench him so trading him was the only way LA was getting rid of him.

I think the Fisher deal was stupid but for a different reason. No way should LA have traded a 1st round pick in a potentially deep draft for Jordan Hill who, IMO, isn't even that good and is going to be a FA at the end of the year.

LA needs to start valuing 1st rounders rather than hoping to keep getting lucky with 2nd round picks. First round picks are good ways for a team like LA to get young, cheap talent even if they need to be developed for a year or two.

I honestly just thought that Derek Fisher should have been able to retire a Los Angelas Laker; though the NBA is a business first and the fact that the Lakers got potential value for the future is impressive.