Clippers acquire Nick Young in three team deal

Dash

Marc J. Spears ‏ @SpearsNBAYahoo

Clippers acquire guard Nick Young from the Washington Wizards for forward Brian Cook and a pick, source tells Y! Sports.

Nene is going to Washington, JaVale McGee to Denver....saw that on twitter.

Stupid move for Denver.

As part of three-team deal, Nene goes to the Wizards, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to Clippers, sources tell Y! Sports.

Edited by Cleveland's Finest

So I just realized that the Clippers can't trade their 1st this year since they dealt it last year and dealt the Minny 1st for CP3.

Does that mean the pick in question is a 2nd?

Clippers make out like bandits if that is the case. Young is a one dimensional chucker, but still, Cook and a 2nd for him? If the Wizards were clearly tanking or preserving cap space a la Toronto, it would make sense, but they took on Nene's huge deal which hurts both of those things.

So what I gather the trade is:

To Clippers: Young

To Denver: McGee, Turiaf

To Washington: Nene, Cook, Clippers 2nd

Chris Mannix ‏ @ChrisMannixSI

Three-team deal that will send Nene to Washington, JaVale McGee to Denver and Nick Young to LAC is done, source involved in deal says.

Woj says that the Nuggets also get Ronny Turiaf.

• Owner

So I just realized that the Clippers can't trade their 1st this year since they dealt it last year and dealt the Minny 1st for CP3.

Does that mean the pick in question is a 2nd?

It should be.

Why would Denver want to trade Nene when they just signed him? And knowing the fact the McGee wants 14 mil a year? Makes no sense to me.

I guess they really regretted handing Nene that big contract so they moved him to take a chance on McGee and save money to resign Wilson Chandler.

Michael Lee ‏ @MrMichaelLee

Source told me Nick Young was supposed to go to DEN, but Young declined to surrender "Bird rights." LAC served as facilitator for #wizards

Michael Lee ‏ @MrMichaelLee

Source told me Nick Young was supposed to go to DEN, but Young declined to surrender "Bird rights." LAC served as facilitator for #wizards

Ah, makes sense, Denver probably didn't care about Young, they already got Afflalo/Fernandez/Brewer and are probably working to get Chandler.