Fisher and 1st round pick to Houston for Jordan Hill

The Los Angeles Lakers have traded veteran guard Derek Fisher to the Houston Rockets in exchange for forward Jordan Hill, league sources told Yahoo! Sports.

The Rockets also will receive the 2012 first-round pick the Lakers acquired from the Dallas Mavericks in the Lamar Odom trade.

LINK

Im kinda sad to see Fisher go, he probably should have retired last year but Its sad to see him go like this. Hope he comes back signs a 10 and retires as Laker.

Thanks for everything you've done D-Fish, always a class act, a true Laker.

I don't get the Jordan Hill move, this looks like salary dump. I didn't want Fisher to start anymore but damn, trading him for a scrub like Hill?

Edited by Be Like Mike

• Owner

Hill is a physical presence down low, something we need (to counter the weak ass Troy Murphy we've dealt with for half a season). His hands aren't great, but I still like him on the glass and doing what needs to be done off the bench, and if we can get him easy opportunities to score, he'll score at a high percentage.

Both are floppers.

You don't remember, though? Come on...you have to know why he said that. :lol:

Scola will twitch when he see's fisher walk into the locker room.

I still think it was a bad trade. We essentially traded Odom and Fisher for an unproven bench player in Hill.

Edited by Be Like Mike

• Owner

I don't like how we traded our pick away. We needed at least one first in this draft.

And I'm not THAT sad that we're losing Fisher's lack of play for most of the game. However, I'm sad that we're losing the man in the locker room, the guy that really did care about winning more than anything else.

I think it's horrible that the Lakers didn't call him up and tell him, and they have yet to phone him, even after the trade. Pathetic.

I don't like how we traded our pick away. We needed at least one first in this draft.

And I'm not THAT sad that we're losing Fisher's lack of play for most of the game. However, I'm sad that we're losing the man in the locker room, the guy that really did care about winning more than anything else.

I think it's horrible that the Lakers didn't call him up and tell him, and they have yet to phone him, even after the trade. Pathetic.

Jim Buss man SMH.