Nuggets close to resigning Wilson Chandler

Dash

Good.

Now Colangelo can't make the mistake of signing him to a $10M a year contract.

As for Denver, this shouldn't really surprise anybody after the Nene trade. It was obvious that a huge part of that trade was to free up cap to sign Chandler. If they kept Nene and re-signed Chandler, they would quickly enter into cap hell with those two contracts, Afflalo's, Gallinari's, Harrington's and the upcoming Lawson extension.

Of course, they are going to have to make a decision on McGee in the summer as well, so either way they have to make a decision.

The Denver Nuggets are closing in on a long-term deal with restricted free agent Wilson Chandler, according to sources with knowledge of the talks.

Sources said the deal could be completed as early as Friday.

"It's very, very close," one source said.

Final parameters are still being discussed, sources said, but one scenario on the table is a five-year deal worth in excess of $30 million with a team option in the fifth year.

After trading away veteran center Nene earlier in the day, Denver had more financial flexibility to offer the long-term deal Chandler has been seeking since returning from a stint in China earlier this month.

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7692628/sources-denver-nuggets-closing-long-term-deal-wilson-chandler

If the bolded is true, that is a lot less than I anticipated. I figured he would get around $8-9M a year, not $6M. If you can get Chandler on a long term, $6M a year deal, that is great.

The question is, how much "excess" are we talking about?

http://espn.go.com/nba/story/_/id/7692628/sources-denver-nuggets-closing-long-term-deal-wilson-chandler

If the bolded is true, that is a lot less than I anticipated. I figured he would get around $8-9M a year, not $6M. If you can get Chandler on a long term, $6M a year deal, that is great.

The question is, how much "excess" are we talking about?

I mean even if the excess is 10 mil more the Nuggets are making out IMO, Chandler might not be a super star, but he could be worth 10 mil a year especially considering not a lot of big names in FA this year.