Moe Harkless Entering NBA Draft

Built Ford Tough

Harkless, the lynchpin of Lavin's first recruiting class at St. John's, announced his decision after a first and only season with the Red Storm (13-19) that saw him win Big East Rookie of the Year by averaging 15.5 points and 8.6 rebounds, which put him sixth and second, respectively, among freshmen nationally.

"At the end of the season I had talks with my mom and Coach Lavin," the 6-foot-8 Harkless said of the time frame in making the decision. "I came to the conclusion over the past couple of days."

Lavin said there were plenty of talks about the decision that included "healthy discussions and some tough banter." All the talk left Lavin sure of some things.

"He has the confidence, the conviction and purpose in making this choice," Lavin said.

Harkless, projected as a first-round draft pick, was part of the five-freshman class that started 12 games for the Red Storm. The season didn't go as expected for the original nine-man recruiting class. Three of them weren't eligible as the season began and Lavin wasn't able to follow up on his first season at St. John's, which ended with the school's first NCAA tournament appearance since 2002.

http://espn.go.com/new-york/story/_/id/7709890/moe-harkless-leaving-st-john-red-storm-early-nba-draft

I honestly think he is going to be a gigantic steal if he falls to the late 1st round. If a team gets him with a pick in the 20's, they are going to be very, very happy. Love his game.