Atlanta Braves 2012

Cobb

Surprised Livan lasted this long, lol.

Also I got a kick out of Fredi ripping the sabermetric ideas for bullpen management the other night. Like he's in a position to talk...

Surprised Livan lasted this long, lol.

Also I got a kick out of Fredi ripping the sabermetric ideas for bullpen management the other night. Like he's in a position to talk...

Fredi gonna Fredi.

Atlanta Braves @Braves

Brandon Beachy has been placed on the 15-day disabled list. RHP Todd Redmond has been recalled from Gwinnett. He will wear #57.

Beachy is set to have an MRI tomorrow. Keeping my fingers crossed for good news.

Brandon Beachy has a partial tear of the UCL in his right elbow. Will be visiting Dr. James Andrews today to get the dreaded news that he needs Tommy John surgery.

Also, Jair Jurrjens is set to be called up and make the start Friday against the Redsox. Not expecting much from him though, especially after the emotional breakdown he had after being sent down to the minors.

Awful news on Beachy kid was having an amazing year...I wonder how much this will hurt the Braves in terms of contending, maybe Jair can return to his old form?

Doubtful. He hasn't been doing too well in Triple-A with an ERA of 5.27 and games in which he allowed 11 runs and 10 runs. The more I think about him facing the Redsox on Friday, the scarier my thoughts get.

Only other option would be to move Kris Medlen into the starting rotation, but with Jonny Venters struggling, it seems like he'll stay in the pen.

I guess we could potentially use Julio Teheran, but he's likely to stay in the minors considering how inconsistent he has been. He's only 21 though, so he has time to turn things around.

Simmons is looking absolutely amazing.

Really has been living up to his hype.

I'm also glad to see Heyward finally turn things around. Ever since the last game of the NYY series in New York he's been great.

Really glad to see him hit in the #2 spot tonight as well. Poor guy has been buried deep in lineup all year.

The 104 degree weather played to our advantage and got the best of Strasburg yesterday as the Braves finally managed to pull out a win against the damn Nationals. We're now a lowly 2-7 against them this year.