Jason Smith's Flagrant Foul on Blake Griffin

I actually don't mind. [expletive] Blake Griffin

Btw, I don't think he intentionally did that

In what way do you think that isn't/wasn't intentional? He didnt go for the ball, he didnt attempt to beat him to the spot and he clearly put his should down attempting to run through/at Griffin.

• Owner

I actually don't mind. [expletive] Blake Griffin

Btw, I don't think he intentionally did that

LOL...definitely intentional. Leading with your shoulder, like a safety blindsiding a receiver in the 70's, that's absolutely what went through Jason Smith's mind.

Griffin made it look a lot worse than it was with his attempt at a mid-air CP360 and then laying on the ground like he was dead afterwards.

I agree it was a flagrant foul and it warranted an ejection, but damn, Griffin makes everything look so much worse than it is with his constant exageration. He is going to get more of this kind of treatment if he keeps up all of this flopping and complaining as well. Players take note of this kind of crap.

For those of you who want to see what the play would've looked like had Griffin not made it look so dramatic:

Exact same situation and contact from Posey on Hinrich.

Griffin made it look a lot worse than it was with his attempt at a mid-air CP360 and then laying on the ground like he was dead afterwards.

I agree it was a flagrant foul and it warranted an ejection, but damn, Griffin makes everything look so much worse than it is with his constant exageration. He is going to get more of this kind of treatment if he keeps up all of this flopping and complaining as well. Players take note of this kind of crap.

For those of you who want to see what the play would've looked like had Griffin not made it look so dramatic:

I think it seems like he overacted because he was about to get off the floor for a shot, unlike Kirk who was still dribbling towards the basket. I sure there was some overacting but i don't there is as much as some are claiming.

I think it seems like he overacted because he was about to get off the floor for a shot, unlike Kirk who was still dribbling towards the basket. I sure there was some overacting but i don't there is as much as some are claiming.

Posey also had about 30 pounds on Hinrich and he still took it like a champ. Smith and Griffin are the same size, with Griffin actually having 10 pounds on him.

As for it seeming like he exagerated a bit, the dude nearly did a flip and then layed on the ground like he was dead. How did he not completely exagerate that?

I could understand if he was already airborn when the contact was made but he was still on the floor. He had one foot on the ground, yeah, but he was not off balanced enough to do a freaking barrel roll.

Like I said, an obvious flagrant foul and a worthy ejection, but I have absolutely no sympathy for Griffin when he continues to embellish these things. Even in this game he was trying to sell shit left and right.

If he wants to act like he gets smashed on every foul, sooner or later a player is going to genuinely smash him. Smith fouled him hard today and if he continues to pull this crap, somebody is going to foul him even harder next time.

• Like 1

Jason Smith is not known as a dirty player; Blake Griffin is known as a flopper.

Edited by Art Hues

(...)

:lol: @ 'Exact same situation and contact'. Not even close. Anyway, like I said (in the game's topic), Smith must be a really avid hockey fan. And like RD said, the flagrant foul was definitely intentional.

You're right.

Posey's was worse since he had 30 pounds on Hinrich.

Hinrich wasn't about to make a dunk. He wasn't even in mid-air. And also he wasn't running that fast.

It is a similar situation, but like I said, it's not the 'Exact same situation'.

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

^ I did. And I don't mean defending anyone here. I'm not a Griffin fan (the stat tracker topic is just so I could keep track of his double-doubles).

Should Griffin flop - Hell No! Should Smith make flagrant fouls like that one - Hell No!

I hate flopping, and I agree Griffin's flop could have mislead the refs it's worse than it was (it was still a Flagrant Foul 2 though), but then again - saying Posey's check on Hinrich is 'the exact same situation and contact', is like saying this Griffin situation below is the exact same one as Kobe's:

Same dunk, Kobe's was better.

Same foul, Hinrich's testes are bigger.

Ain't nobody talkin' 'bout dunks here:

(...) saying Posey's check on Hinrich is 'the exact same situation and contact', is like saying this Griffin situation below is the exact same one as Kobe's: (...)

Kobe went behind the back, Griffin didn't. Yeah, that's the "exact same situation". Just like the situation in Posey's foul was "exactly the same" as Smith's. "110% identical". "Twin plays". LOL!

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ