Wrestlemania 28 Discussion

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/thumb/f/f8/WrestleMania_XXVIII_poster.jpg/200px-WrestleMania_XXVIII_poster.jpg

Sunday, April 1 2012

---

John Cena vs. The Rock

Hell in a Cell

With Special Guest Referee Shawn Michaels

The Undertaker vs. Triple H

WWE Championship

CM Punk © vs. Chris Jericho

World Heavyweight Championship

Daniel Bryan © vs. Sheamus

Intercontinental Championship

Cody Rhodes © vs. The Big Show

Randy Orton vs. Kane

Maria Menounos & Kelly Kelly vs. Beth Phoenix & Eve Torres

Team Teddy (Santino Marella, R-Truth, Kofi Kingston, Zack Ryder, The Great Khali, and TBA) vs. Team Johnny (David Otunga, Mark Henry, Christian, Dolph Ziggler, Jack Swagger, and TBA)

---

Those 3 matches at the top ARE the show. Bryan and Sheamus has potential as a match, but unfortunately the build up has pretty much sucked.

Pretty disappointed Ziggler is going in without a significant match. He is someone who has show stealing potential, but he won't really be able to do it in a gimmicky match like that.

Definitely a must watch PPV though for the Rock alone. The Taker-Trips build up has been amazing too.

The Rock has been so weak in his promos the past few weeks, he was tearing it up last year but all he's done for the build up for Wrestlemania is get the crowd to chant new catchphrases. Cena hasn't been any better, he keeps spouting the same shit (I come to work every day hurr durr) and the one moment where The Rock actually tried to get this feud serious a few weeks back and all Cena could do was look back with his same goofy smile. Honestly this "dream" feud started off with so much promise but has been so disappointing. This match should have happened last year when the build up was actually done right.

Taker - Triple H stole the show last year and can do so again. Great build up.

Said it before but I would preferred if it was Trips feuding with Punk rather Jericho, more starpower and it would make up for his previous burial match with Triple H (also works story wise). Jericho and Punk are both great workers though so this could be the match of the night despite it possibly being the opening match to the card.

Edited by Dash

The Rock has been so weak in his promos the past few weeks, he was tearing it up last year but all he's done for the build up for Wrestlemania is get the crowd to chant new catchphrases. Cena hasn't been any better, he keeps spouting the same shit (I come to work every day hurr durr) and the one moment where The Rock actually tried to get this feud serious a few weeks back and all Cena could do was look back with his same goofy smile. Honestly this "dream" feud started off with so much promise but has been so disappointing. This match should have happened last year when the build up was actually done right.

Taker - Triple H stole the show last year and can do so again. Great build up.

Said it before but I would preferred if it was Trips feuding with Punk rather Jericho, more starpower and it would make up for his previous burial match with Triple H (also works story wise). Jericho and Punk are both great workers though so this could be the match of the night despite it possibly being the opening match to the card.

What do you want? Rock and Cena have no history, what are they supposed to talk about in the 10 or so segments they have had together in the past 8 months or whatever? The feud built itself up. There doesn't need to be a "build up" through segments. The match itself is the build up... it is literally one of the 5 biggest matches that could ever happen in wrestling history. The segments could have been better, but like I said, there just isn't enough material to work with (they don't like each other, that is literally all they have to work with).

I think the segment that ended Monday night was pretty good. Enough good stuff has happened that the promo video should be pretty good, though not on the level of the Trips-Taker video (that shit gave me goosebumps and it ain't even WM yet).

Also, Triple H didn't bury Punk. Punk looked incredibly strong in that match. Losing a match does not = getting buried.

What do you want? Rock and Cena have no history, what are they supposed to talk about in the 10 or so segments they have had together in the past 8 months or whatever? The feud built itself up. There doesn't need to be a "build up" through segments. The match itself is the build up... it is literally one of the 5 biggest matches that could ever happen in wrestling history. The segments could have been better, but like I said, there just isn't enough material to work with (they don't like each other, that is literally all they have to work with).

I think the segment that ended Monday night was pretty good. Enough good stuff has happened that the promo video should be pretty good, though not on the level of the Trips-Taker video (that shit gave me goosebumps and it ain't even WM yet).

Also, Triple H didn't bury Punk. Punk looked incredibly strong in that match. Losing a match does not = getting buried.

Is something better than getting the crowd to chant catchphrases for 20 minutes and a stupid "concert" too much to ask for? Seriously I'd take any generic promo over the crap the WWE has been spewing the past couple of weeks. I agree that the fued was built on its own but it was HOT last year and its like they expected that same momentum to carry over for a year and didn't seem to care about trying to add anything.

But Triple H did bury Punk depending how you want to look at it. Punk was OVER, way more over than he ever has been during his stint as WWE champion but losing to Trips (doesn't matter to me how he lost, it still hurt him) and getting involved in a feud that did nothing more than make him look like a whining bitch and eventually tossed him aside hurt the momentum carrying over from Money in the Bank and Summerslam. I seriously think that Punk could be a bigger star today if he won the match with Triple H and/or if Triple H turned heel.

The crowd doesn't chant catch phrases because the rock wants them too, they do it because they want to. Rock hardly ever gets the crowd to chant phrases on purpose.

Edited by fish7718

If you haven't been reading the rumors and don't want a huge spoiler on a possible return tonight, ignore this, for those who can't wait...:) like me

BE's Josh Nason (via Dave Meltzer) reported this morning that former UFC heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar was close to returning to his former home, World Wrestling Entertainment, at WrestleMania 28 tomorrow night. Now it appears that it will be on a much larger scale that a one-off appearance, and UFC president Dana White is fine with it. Dave Meltzer has the news (as usual):

Brock Lesnar has arrived in Miami and arrived with security and a large group of people shielding him from everyone. This is the going story, but not confirmed, that Lesnar has signed a one year deal and will work a more than Undertaker and less than Goldberg type of schedule.

MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani asked Dana White about Lesnar reportedly going back to wrestling, and he seems fine with it:

@arielhelwani

Ariel Helwani Not sure if the rumors of Brock signing with WWE are true right now, but if you're wondering whether @danawhite/UFC would be ok with it ...

Apr 01 via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

@arielhelwani

Ariel Helwani ... He just told me, "yes." So that's that.

Apr 01 via Echofon Favorite Retweet Reply

Ariel did make it clear that it was still a rumor and Dana wasn't confirming the rumor, he was simply commenting on how he'd feel if it was the truth. Either way though, it certainly seems like Lesnar will be stepping back into a WWE ring tomorrow night for the first time in over seven years.

Brock Vs Rock Part 2 at WM 29? Taker Lesnar WM 29?

Wow, huge news. Can't wait, Mania is today, I'm more excited than I should be lol

oh yeah and if that wasn't enough...another possible return

Latest Update On Batista In Miami; Hanging With Titus O’Neil

Posted By Andy Steven on Saturday, March 31st, 2012

Batista is in Miami and was reportedly picked up from the airport by a WWE employee.

No word yet on talks with WWE but he is scheduled to participate in the Nautica South Beach Triathlon in support of St. Jude’s Children’s Hospital on Sunday.

Sources say he could still make it to WrestleMania in time to appear.

Batista was hanging out with WWE Superstar Titus O’Neil on Friday night in Miami.

Oh the possibilities!