B-Griff 'Mozgoffs' Frye!

http://i39.tinypic.com/13zvp76.jpg

Nils says:

Thursday, March 29th, 2012 at 1:27 PM

1.) Perkins

2.) Mozgov

3.) Frye … he tried to move out of the way … but still … STYLE!!!

But it is still called *(to) mozgov*, would be funny as hell if this will be the future word for *dunking on someone*: "Did you see that? That fella just mozgoved him! … 20 years from now … or 30, 40...

Sekou's Blog: Griffin Gets Another One!!

Misspelled Mozgov in the title

On purpose. ;) Actually spelled the way it's pronounced:

Final-obstruent devoicing:

Final-obstruent devoicing or terminal devoicing is a systematic phonological process occurring in languages such as German, Dutch, Bulgarian, Polish, and Russian, among others. In these languages, voiced obstruents become voiceless before voiceless consonants and in pausa.

Final-obstruent devoicing can lead to the neutralization of phonemic contrasts in certain environments. For example, Russian word "бес" ('demon', phonemically /bʲes/) and "без" ('without', phonemically /bʲez/) are pronounced identically in isolation as [bʲɛs].

The presence of this process in Russian is also the source of the seemingly variant transliterations of Russian names into "-off" (Russian: [-ov] "-ов"), especially by the French.

School Yourself More

Examples:

• 'Ted Kotchev' = 'Ted Kotcheff' (Director of "Rambo: First Blood")
  • Dan Koloff (1892–1940), born Doncho Kolеv Danev - wrestler
  • John Atanasoff (a physicist and inventor,
    The 1973 decision of the patent suit Honeywell v. Sperry Rand named him the inventor of the first automatic electronic digital computer. His special-purpose machine has come to be called the Atanasoff–Berry Computer.)

Atanasoff was born (...) to an electrical engineer and a school teacher Ivan Atanasov.

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

Ok.. lol.

Was just letting you know it was misspelled because it shows up on the Twitter feed and might turn away potential viewers.

I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, I prefer 'Mozgoff' spelled with the '-OFF' ending 'cause it brings a sense of demolition, destruction etc... ;)

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ

I wouldn't worry about that. Besides, I prefer 'Mozgoff' spelled with the '-OFF' ending 'cause it brings a sense of demolition, destruction etc... ;)

Come to think about it - it's kind of random. It's gotta be some subconscious sick-mind association with:

http://i43.tinypic.com/280pes1.jpg

http://i42.tinypic.com/spvncz.jpg

Edited by Sℏãℓïʠ