Lakers playing better without Kobe?

They should just give 20 shots to Bynum and 12 shots to Gasol every single game, with or without Kobe. Kobe can get his shot attempts from Matt Barnes and Metta.

Matt Barnes played a phenomenal game...Metta also played well...

newsflash: if your primary scorer is out, other guys will probably have more opportunities to shoot the ball!

Edited by Lkr

• Owner

Just difficult to figure them out, like the 2010-11 Cavaliers were for a bit (when they played Boston, opening game, and kicked their ass, first game without LBJ).

That Cleveland team was actually 5-5 to start the season. Small sample size, but you also have to consider who they had (and lost).

They started 7-10, month of November...then went 1-35 in their next 36 games.

---------

LA is at the bottom of the eight, fighting for a playoff seed with Phoenix and Utah, if they don't have Kobe for an entire season. Before this game, Drew was shooting 37% without Kobe dressed to play...and if Denver wanted to double him more tonight, he would have had another poor shooting performance.

Hats off to Ron, though. He said he was finally healed up on Twitter the other day, and since his tweet, he has been playing pretty damn good...surprising the hell out of me, because he has been worthless as [expletive] on offense almost the entire season.

Matt Barnes played a phenomenal game...Metta also played well...

newsflash: if your primary scorer is out, other guys will probably have more opportunities to shoot the ball!

I know, but the truth is whenever Kobe is playing Bynum will be taking less shots. So what Kobe should be doing when he returns is taking the shots Metta and Barnes were taking in his absence and let Bynum continue to take the shots he was taking (which is ~20).

I know, but the truth is whenever Kobe is playing Bynum will be taking less shots. So what Kobe should be doing when he returns is taking the shots Metta and Barnes were taking in his absence and let Bynum continue to take the shots he was taking (which is ~20).

Bynum is easily frustrated and that's been more evident without Kobe where he is the focal point of all the defenses. In the last four games Bynum has been shooting at a pretty low efficiency despite that 30pt game against Denver. That's simply because teams double him and that frustrates Bynum very, very easily. What he actually needs to focus on is giving away the ball. He's gotten better this season, but most of the time he is still stubborn and will try to fight through the double towards the basket.

I don't know that they really are playing better. Artest has picked up the slack which is making up for Kobe's absence, and Matt Barnes has provided a major scoring punch for LA's bench...but outside of LA's win over San Antonio (who LA just matches up well against the Spurs), I wouldn't say that there's much difference.

LA got smoked by the Suns, they struggled to get by a last place Hornets team, and they gave up a big lead to the Nuggets to squeak out a win.

Honestly, it looked like the same Lakers team we've seen all year with Kobe. Struggle against bad teams, give up big leads, but step up in big games. Same ol, same ol.

Most of the guys can do their thing since Kobe isn't in there. Look at Artest I havent seen him playing this better without Kobe. I wouldnt say they are better without Kobe but when he gets back he will know more about his teammates since hes learning what they like to do since it a first for him being hurt for this long

• 3 weeks later...
  • Owner

How is Kobe's shin holding up? Does anyone really know how durable its going to be during the post season?

He's not limping, doesn't look like he's having trouble shooting off of that leg, either. I don't think any of the fanbase has thought about it since he returned.

This Kobe, the one playing right now, may be the best we've seen this season. He's dominating Afflalo and [insert name here], and still being passive and letting others get theirs. If he really wanted it, he could have dropped 40+ in both of these first games (wish he would have had one more basket to do it in Game 2), and he is doing it without getting to the line often (just seven FT's in Game 2, and two threes, but 38 points).

Major bump.

This is what happens when people don't watch the Lakers on nightly basis and instead watch Sportscenter.

Lakers ain't bleep without 24. If the rest of the guys played with as much heart as Kobe, there's no telling how far we can go. Unfortunately thats not the case.

Edited by Be Like Mike