Cause of Rose's Injury Problems: Injury Prone or Lockout Related?

Rose has been in and out of the lineup all season long with a couple of different injuries this year. A lot of players who play(ed) a similar style as him have a long history of injury problems, but up until this year he had only missed 5 games in his first 3 years in the league.

Is it because of him being injury prone or was it simply a case of the lockout wearing him down and making it difficult for him to really recover?

• Owner

I'm going to say the lockout was a big issue, and my reason actually involves a superstar center out in Orlando, who has been as healthy as Rose (actually, more) since his draft day.

I don't necessarily think that the two situations relate any further than that (Rose may have returned early, Howard just never really stopped playing until it was too late), but you can point to the lockout on these two cases, that's for sure.

Obviously the compacted schedule made by the NBA was a factor. Keep in mind though, that if there wasn't 66 games there would have been 0 games for the 2011-2012 season.

As for Rose's injury, well, it happened to Shumpert as well, so I would just attribute it to the lack of match fitness and bad luck.

I don't think he is injury prone, at least I wouldn't label him as such following this season.

It's definitely the lockout, if you look at his first three seasons in the NBA 5 games combined.. the lack of recovery time definitely contributed to his nagging injuries. The 66 game compressed schedule was so detrimental to players like D-Rose.