North Carolina Votes "No" To Gay Marriage

Reading the comments section below the article, I'm actually extremely surprised how many people oppose gay marriage. Over the past few years, I think the media has led people to believe that the majority supports gay marriage, but that doesn't seem to be the case. And, no, I don't think most of the comments are from people in North Carolina, but rather people from all over the country.

I don't have too many thoughts on this now, but there is one thing that is extremely true about situations like in North Carolina when there is a vote like they had. Whenever homosexual people get their way, as in more "rights" for them, they are all good and dandy, yet when people oppose gay marriage, out come the lawsuits from them and trying to go around the legal system.

If gay marriage goes to a vote and is passed, that's fine, but don't try and go around and weasel your way around the legal system when you don't get your way.

http://news.yahoo.com/n-c-vote-ban-gay-marriage-warning-obama-060012987.html

Gay's have as much right to be miserable in marriage as the rest of us..don't get the arguments against gay marriage, they are all honestly completely stupid. Especially the one that if kids see it they will be gay too..

Cool, they should reinstate three ban on interracial marriage too

Part of me thinks it's dumb that gays can't get married in certain states, but I do understand certain arguments, and I'm not just talking about religious arguments.

Would you have a problem with a man having four wives? If gay marriage is legalized in a state, it can certainly open a can of worms where people are going to want rights for all sorts of crazy things.

You have a very narrow view on things.

Part of me thinks it's dumb that gays can't get married in certain states, but I do understand certain arguments, and I'm not just talking about religious arguments.

Would you have a problem with a man having four wives? If gay marriage is legalized in a state, it can certainly open a can of worms where people are going to want rights for all sorts of crazy things.

You have a very narrow view on things.

ignorant folks like yourself made the same argument with banning interracial marriage

ignorant folks like yourself made the same argument with banning interracial marriage

Answer the question fool. I never said I was against gay marriage, but you're as narrow minded as they come, and can never see both sides to an argument.

The funniest part about all of this is that the media has led people to believe that the majority of people support gay marriage, yet that is CLEARLY not the case.

Please go.

Answer the question fool. I never said I was against gay marriage, but you're as narrow minded as they come, and can never see both sides to an argument.

The funniest part about all of this is that the media has led people to believe that the majority of people support gay marriage, yet that is CLEARLY not the case.

Please go.

what the [expletive] are you talking about? i said your arguments are stupid, because it is the same shit people used to justify the banning of interracial marriage. on a personal level, i really have no issue with polygamy. however, there actually can be concerns for children growing up in that kind of atmosphere, and for the women in that kind of atmosphere.

why do i not care about polygamy? because it isn't my [expletive]ing problem, just like gay marriage. funny that you call us narrow minded when you're being the ignorant fool. there are no non-religious objections to gay marriage, and if you really think there are, you're pretty [expletive]ing bigoted

Edited by Lkr

what the [expletive] are you talking about? i said your arguments are stupid, because it is the same shit people used to justify the banning of interracial marriage. on a personal level, i really have no issue with polygamy. however, there actually can be concerns for children growing up in that kind of atmosphere, and for the women in that kind of atmosphere.

why do i not care about polygamy? because it isn't my [expletive]ing problem, just like gay marriage. funny that you call us narrow minded when you're being the ignorant fool. there are no non-religious objections to gay marriage, and if you really think there are, you're pretty [expletive]ing bigoted

Notsureifsrsorjustretarded...............

First off, I haven't mentioned anything about religion and gay marriage because I think many people who use religion as their reasons for opposing gay marriage are hypocrites, and just want an easy out and a reason for them to oppose gay marriage. However, I'm sure if I mentioned something about religion you'd go back to the stone ages to did up some useless information.

Now, I know for a fact that you'll be able to find videos, articles, and probably studies that show gay marriage does not have a negative effect on a gay couples children. However, I can find sources that would certainly dispute that as well. Whether it is fair or not, many people just think homosexuality is weird and not right. If you're a gay couple and you have kids that are in elementary, middle, and high school, there's an extremely high chance that they will be harassed, made fun of, and segregated by many people, fair or not.

With that said, would you be for civil unions for gay couples in all states instead of gay marriage as a possible compromise for certain states?

Now, I know for a fact that you'll be able to find videos, articles, and probably studies that show gay marriage does not have a negative effect on a gay couples children. However, I can find sources that would certainly dispute that as well. Whether it is fair or not, many people just think homosexuality is weird and not right. If you're a gay couple and you have kids that are in elementary, middle, and high school, there's an extremely high chance that they will be harassed, made fun of, and segregated by many people, fair or not.

1. sources?

2. not a good reason. plenty of people think interracial marriage is weird and not right

3. have you ever known kids raised by gay couples? i don't think i've ever seen ANY of this happen. once people actually meet a gay couple for the first time, they realize that they are just normal people. you'd probably think so too. and how the [expletive] would they be segregated?

1. sources?

2. not a good reason. plenty of people think interracial marriage is weird and not right

3. have you ever known kids raised by gay couples? i don't think i've ever seen ANY of this happen. once people actually meet a gay couple for the first time, they realize that they are just normal people. you'd probably think so too. and how the [expletive] would they be segregated?

It all makes perfect sense now. It's exactly what I assumed.

Your thought is that gay people are born gay, and that it's not a decision? Otherwise your interracial marriage comparison is garbage.

I like how people are blaming "religious nuts" and "conservatives" for the non-passage of gay marriage in NC. I'm not even going to get into the conservative/liberal debate because I don't feel like giving you a free history lesson.

Edited by BeeBeeSee