James Harden Wins Sixth Man of Year

The Oklahoma City Thunder’s James Harden is the winner of the 2011-12 NBA Sixth Man Award as the league’s best player in a reserve role. Harden, who led all NBA reserves in scoring (16.8 ppg), came off the bench in 60 of 62 games he appeared in, helping Oklahoma City finish with the NBA’s third-best record (47-19).

Harden received 584 of a possible 595 points, including 115 of a possible 119 first-place votes, from a panel of 119 sportswriters and broadcasters throughout the United States and Canada. Louis Williams, who led the Philadelphia 76ers in scoring (14.9 ppg) despite not starting a single game, finished second with 231 points. Jason Terry of the Dallas Mavericks, who won the award in 2008-09, finished third with 81 points.

http://basketball.realgm.com/wiretap/220989/James_Harden_Wins_Sixth_Man_Of_The_Year_Award#ixzz1uVplA6KH

Lmao at the 4 people sho didn't vote for Harden, but it would be too much to expect him to unanimously win, like he obviously should've.

EDIT: I just looked at the voting and somebody left him off his ballot completely, somebody gave Zach Randolph a 2nd place vote and somebody gave JR Smith a 3rd place vote. I love the sheer homer votes that people make in these things. Reminds me of the time Chuck Swirsky gave Andrea Bargnani a 1st place vote for Rookie of the Year, costing Brandon Roy the unanimous win.