Where Does Atlanta Go From Here?

The Johnson/Horford/Smith core has been together since 2007/08. In that time they've made the playoff ever season and, other than the first year together, have regularly been in the hunt for a 4th/5th seed in the East.

However, they've never managed to advance past the 2nd round of the playoffs, are clearly a notch below the top tier teams in the East and really don't have any sort of internal players that can push them over the hump.

So what should the Hawks do? It is clear that this core is good, but not nearly good enough to win anything of note. Sure, they can win a series here and there, but I don't think anybody, even the most diehard Atlanta fan, truly thinks they have any shot of making real noise in the playoffs.

Is it time to blow it up? Do they try and make another run next year, a run that is destined to fail? Where do they go from here?

They should have traded Josh Smith this season, when his stock was at its highest. If they can combine his contract with Marvin Williams or Zaza Pachulia's contract they might be able to get a few nice players back in return.

I feel that this thread is posted for Atlanta ever season. Obviously Josh would make the most sense to move but for what position? Do you go for a sf/pf or do you move Horford to PF and trade for a center. It's a tough call.

Also trading Johnson is out of question as that contract is wayyyyy to dirty for anyone to want.

They need a true center and then move Horford to the PF position where he is more comfortable. I like Teague a lot and even though Joe Johnson is overrated a little bit IMO, I still think he's a "star". Maybe trade a couple role players or something and get a big center who can play defense and rebound.

They need to trade Smith, because no one will take Joe's contract. Then build around Teague, Horford, JJ, whatever they get for Smith, and they have some other good players...Ivan Johnson played pretty good during the regular season.